kind of self-explanatory, right? We seem to have some impressive thread-wrappers that lurk around this board. let's try to keep your "first booger" posts at a minimum.
By FredA
[report]I officially have a problem. Apparently like a fuckin Austrian.
1-IMG_5715.JPG
1-IMG_5715.JPG (120.26 KiB) Viewed 961 times
Now they come with weed guards.[/report]
Last edited by FredA on Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
By austrotard
off the record fly tying confession: I should have taken photos really...

relates: but I had the far side of the underwing pop out like a fucking dee on this takes like forev'a fly... so you know what I did?.. I half hitched to the top of the head and wrapped the thread just over the wing and underwing twice, binding them all together as one.

elates: one more 'normal' wrap and it's all good.

lates: I fucking hate tying flies.

sate: I would really like a stabbing bag. I'd hang the fucker right here beside the desk. rhs.

eat: a dick, ftf. I sell dirty rotten cheater flies...

at: $300...

a: pop.

cheers, homos.
I still haven't tied one of these, hey.
By austrotard
you need to take your time, mate.

every twat knows it takes at least six weeks to tie a decent salmon fly.
six weeks and a couple of ounces.

that's why there's no wonga in it, hey.
So how is everyone doing with this. I think with the exception of Fred were all sucking hind tit.

I have tied a couple and have not taken the time to take the picture. I'll try and pull something up soon.
By fallen513
I still owe you shipping from the Spey swap Allen... forgive me, it was my first swap ever.
By rampant
I have been playing with this and after a few practice attempts (20 hooks) first time at 3/0 married wings. Usually little trout flies and easy salties so this was a huge learning curve and picked up my game with the usual flies.
Black Doctor. The first in my submission ( the MH370) mystery black box.
Attachments:
Black Doctor.jpg
Black Doctor.jpg (316.68 KiB) Viewed 943 times
By root wad
Good onya giving these flies a go. You will find you learn something on every single one you tie. The first thing you will realize is that each single thread wrap must be purposeful and essential. Also less is usually mo betta. Keep everything smooth on the hook. It is good fun, and tying the classics will really produce a marked improvement in everything you tie.

Man, fuck Hot Creek. I remember Carpe Tructa and B[…]

Rust Belt 2019

no $148 wings/pizza. fail. 'twas done. We j[…]

can we shut this down some more?

A Confession

^this re: what is wrong in my life that I must ge[…]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine