blumpkin

Post by blumpkin » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:50 am

I just threw up a little in my mouth.
Ted Cruz reminds me of a site supervisor at say... Enterprise Rental Car.
Huge turnover rate at his Enterprise location because Ted treats any employees that do not attend his church like infidels.
We can't prove it, but we think Ted planted Weed in John's backpack to get him canned.
"Dunno how this’ll go, I’ve been drinking since 2”
Travis.

Plow

Re: 2016...

Post by Plow » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:30 am

I like Cruz, he's smart, you know where he stands and he's not afraid to make waves. DC needs more waves. Lots more.

If Clinton weren't a Clinton and libs weren't sheeple I'd say she is done for. Can't imagine her getting in.
Better Reds than dead...

blumpkin

Post by blumpkin » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:36 am

Clinton is done, Cruz is a shill for whoever gets him votes... Just like the rest of them.

Cliff is the ultimate Cruz hater... Hopefully he will stop by and enlighten us.
Travis.

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:19 pm

blumpkin wrote:Clinton is done, Cruz is a shill for whoever gets him votes... Just like the rest of them.

Cliff is the ultimate Cruz hater... Hopefully he will stop by and enlighten us.
Sure but I'm just an outside observer.

Why not consult folks who actually know him?
So I started getting in touch with a lot of old friends and asking whether they remembered Ted. It was an experience really unlike I've ever had. Everybody I talked to - men and women, cool kids and nerds, conservative and liberal - started the conversation pretty much the same.

"Ted? Oh yeah, immense a*#hole." Sometimes "total raging a#%hole." Sometimes other variations on the theme. But you get the idea. Very common reaction...

My friend [redacted] went to Harvard Law with Ted. [He] says that Ted shocked people when during the first week, he announced that he was creating a study group and only people with high GPAs from the Big Three Ivies could apply for admission. In short, Ted managed to come off as a pompous asshole at Harvard Law.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/me-ted
:cool
Buy better hooks and bourbon.

blumpkin

Post by blumpkin » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:06 pm

Well you know what Chuck Shumer's closest staff members say about him.

"The only New Yorkers that don't vote for him, are the voters that meet him in person."
Travis.

VTNZ

Post by VTNZ » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:07 pm

Well...I don't know. I always thought of him as another wannabe leader of the christian style taliban, but I may have to change my tune after going to his website.

Check it out: http://www.tedcruz.com

He stands no chance...isn't even 'Merican
People are assholes because half the people around are of below average intelligence - Shunned

I hope I didn't infer that I was antifingerbanging. Its an art I hold dear. - RT

canook

Post by canook » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:55 pm

Fucking theocrat.
The meltdown's gonna be entertaining though.

Plow

Post by Plow » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:01 pm

Obama managed to come off as a pompous asshole at the White House...
What's more assholian than sic'ing the IRS on your political enemies? And pompous....remember the fake greek temple and everything that came after?
thron.jpg
thron.jpg (53.52 KiB) Viewed 1550 times
Cruz is the real deal, he is what he says he is all the time. He won't get elected but he'll shake things up. Oh, and he can speak without a teleprompter. Takes real brains to do that.
Better Reds than dead...

VTNZ

Post by VTNZ » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:10 pm

It also takes real balls to take away students freedoms and force Liberty U. students to HAVE to attend his announcement speech or face a fine by the University.....

....how freedom-like....for maybe North Korea. :bullshit
People are assholes because half the people around are of below average intelligence - Shunned

I hope I didn't infer that I was antifingerbanging. Its an art I hold dear. - RT

FormerlyChaseChrome

Post by FormerlyChaseChrome » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:05 pm

...driveby...

Typically Albertan evangelist...
We'll have to send Harper down next...

Plow

Post by Plow » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:43 pm

If you look beyond the daily kos you'd see that the daily "convocation" (which is what this was) is always mandatory. But the standing Os, cheering and warm reception is not.

Can't understand why the liberal media picked up on this and NOT the many times obama bussed in union/party hacks to speeches he couldn't fill.
Better Reds than dead...

VTNZ

Post by VTNZ » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:10 pm

Sorry I couldn't see all the happiness for Cruz behind the kids wearing red "Stand for Rand" T-shirts....

Well aware of the convocation requirements at a Christian U. It does not mean kids have to be a shill for the flavor of the month for the religous right. How inclusive... :coffee