By cantfishforshit.
Muddled Duck wrote:
canook wrote:
Muddled Duck wrote:I'm for private business owners having the right to refuse business to anyone.
yeah, fuck that all people being equal nonsense. Who was stupid enough to suggest that in the first place.
The fuck does "all men are created equal" have to do with it? The government should NOT be allowed to discriminate, but I have a different opinion regarding private business.

So, we should be able to refuse blacks a seat at the counter?
By yard4sale
Indiana can pass whatever law it likes. I think they may change their tone when most large businesses pull out. NFL, NCAA, NBA, etc, etc. Just from sports thats a lot of coin. Maybe they should have called Arizona first?
By Muddled Duck
cantfishforshit. wrote:
Muddled Duck wrote:[quote="canook"

yeah, fuck that all people being equal nonsense. Who was stupid enough to suggest that in the first place.
The fuck does "all men are created equal" have to do with it? The government should NOT be allowed to discriminate, but I have a different opinion regarding private business.

So, we should be able to refuse blacks a seat at the counter?[/quote]

Why single out "blacks?" It's a poor business model, but that's not the government's business.
By canook
Actually, aren't civil rights exactly the federal government's business? Isn't that why Johnson sent the National Guard into the South?

I may not be up on my 'Murican history, but that's the way I remember it.
By canook
yard4sale wrote:Indiana can pass whatever law it likes. I think they may change their tone when most large businesses pull out. NFL, NCAA, NBA, etc, etc. Just from sports thats a lot of coin. Maybe they should have called Arizona first?
see: Arkansas governor gets told by Walmart to change the state's law concerning 'religious freedom' - and immediately complies.
By Muddled Duck
canook wrote:Actually, aren't civil rights exactly the federal government's business? Isn't that why Johnson sent the National Guard into the South?

Certainly arguable, but I doubt troops would have been sent had the issue been segregation in private business. Things like segregated public schools, public transportation, public sector jobs, voting and the right to peaceably assemble and protest were a bit more of an issue. Throw in a few brutal nut jobs inclined to blow up churches and murder innocent people they disagreed with, and you have reason for the feds to get involved.
By BigCliff
canook wrote:
yard4sale wrote:Indiana can pass whatever law it likes. I think they may change their tone when most large businesses pull out. NFL, NCAA, NBA, etc, etc. Just from sports thats a lot of coin. Maybe they should have called Arizona first?
see: Arkansas governor gets told by Walmart to change the state's law concerning 'religious freedom' - and immediately complies.
"BENTONVILLE, AR—Despite Governor Asa Hutchinson’s refusal to sign a controversial religious freedom bill that seemed to permit businesses to discriminate against homosexuals, officials from Arkansas-based retailer Walmart announced Wednesday that they would nevertheless continue defending whichever gays buy their cheap shit. “It’s important that any gays who come into our stores and blow money on some horribly constructed ironing board do so knowing that we stand with them in solidarity,”"
By Da Ax
canook wrote:Actually, aren't civil rights exactly the federal government's business? Isn't that why Johnson sent the National Guard into the South?

I might be wrong, but wasn't that done to make sure that black students could enroll and attend a government run institution (i.e.: Schools)
By Da Ax
canook wrote:
Tax dollars, they speak loudly.
By slavetotheflyrod
All this religious restoration stuff brings up a whole lot of questions for me.

Such as:

If a baker refuses to bake a cake for a ghey, where does that leave bi-sexuals? Do they at least get half a cake?

Whatabout someone who just "dabbled a bit in college"? Do they get a cake, but no icing?

It sounds like Indiana is working feverishly to answer questions such as these, and I hope they do.
By cantfishforshit.
Muddled Duck wrote:
cantfishforshit. wrote:
Muddled Duck wrote:[quote="canook"

So, we should be able to refuse blacks a seat at the counter?
Why single out "blacks?" It's a poor business model, but that's not the government's business.

I'm fairly certain its the feds business to protect constitutional rights.

IMG_5476.jpg Is this thing on?....

Rust Belt 2019

An outstanding time, leaky waders and all. Nice[…]

Topical Bump

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Red-Assed Green Peter Bumble https://live.st[…]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine