Monthly photo contests will be the feature of this forum. Discussions of photographic techniques, gear, software, etc will (hopefully) discussed here.
By SLSS
It'll be great for baby picture too, papa. :cool
By chadroc
and underwater pictures of the little one! think nirvana never mind and reaching for a big hunk of primo tail as opposed to a buck.

jumping this post here, but i got a tg3 recently and really like it. have not added the wide angle or telephoto lens to it but will do so shortly. my issue is with the detachable ring around the lens attachment....which i have lost and had to buy a replacement at $5. not bank breaking, but annoying when i lost the replacement as well. i keep it around my neck down the front of the waders and taking the camera out apparently forces the ring to turn and detach and be lost forever to the river. any hack on this?

payment!!!

By davesnothere
Yes, but it will be 5 seppo.
By Hogleg
chadroc wrote: ...my issue is with the detachable ring around the lens attachment....which i have lost and had to buy a replacement at $5. not bank breaking, but annoying when i lost the replacement as well. i keep it around my neck down the front of the waders and taking the camera out apparently forces the ring to turn and detach and be lost forever to the river. any hack on this?
No hack to offer but I can tell you (roughly) where you can possibly find three of those rings (gently used) for free.

-One is a bush plane ride to a 100+ mile DIY float trip down a wilderness river in Alaska- it's somewhere around there, maybe 50 miles in or so. Pretty good salmon fishing.

-Another is in Baja somewhere along a 25 mile stretch of beach on the west side of the East Cape, Sea of Cortez. Decent Rooster fishing when you hit it just right.

-The other one is somewhere in my garage. Probably better luck finding the other two.

If you're interested I can draw you a map of all three locations.

*Disclaimer: Two of the three could be deep within the Bering Sea and the Sea of Cortez respectively by now. I'm 99% sure the third one is still in my garage.
By fatman
chadroc wrote: any hack on this?
yeah. Don't worry about it.

My TG-2 came with two (one black, one red)
Lost them both, now operating without.

I bought the attachment for the filters; I don't use it anymore, because it makes the
camera less handy to slip in and out of a pocket.
By chawes
I would look at B&H Photo. They have a used equipment. I bought 2 D3200 camera bodies for $399 each plus bought lenses to. I would look on Ebay for a Nikon SB600 Strobe. I do photography professional
By Hogleg
chawes wrote:I would look at B&H Photo. They have a used equipment. I bought 2 D3200 camera bodies for $399 each plus bought lenses to. I would look on Ebay for a Nikon SB600 Strobe. I do photography professional
No shit?!?!

Where have you been man? Thanks for those helpful tips. Ebay huh? I'll have to google that.

So you're a pro photographer? That's so cool man. Maybe you could tell us about that and share some of your work here?
By fatman
chawes wrote: I do photography professional
yes, but you do grammar amateur

fukk off
dodging 403 error

Stellar TR as usual Jose.

The Drake is Dead, Long Live The Drake. W[…]

LA Marsh......TR

Fine job Matt. I hope everyone had a good time.[…]

things I a-heared at drake camp

"Led Zepellin? you like fast Led Zepellin […]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine