kind of self-explanatory, right? We seem to have some impressive thread-wrappers that lurk around this board. let's try to keep your "first booger" posts at a minimum.
:needs_pics
Adams wrote::needs_pics
I was in a huge rush to get the flies together and took some shitty iPhone pics. I missed on persons and they look terrible. Would any of you mind taking pics of your flies and posting em'?
Woolybug25 wrote:
Adams wrote::needs_pics
I was in a huge rush to get the flies together and took some shitty iPhone pics. I missed on persons and they look terrible. Would any of you mind taking pics of your flies and posting em'?
Sure.... September okay?
Adams wrote: 'Fud has the shittiest luck sending flies...
I finally sign on after about 3 wks and see I have flaked on the second swap in a row.

This one hurt.
I got a tracking number.
I insured them.

I finally tracked them. Damaged in transit.
So I picked them up.

Box...crushed and soaked with bourbon
Flies...a couple that are salvageable
Bourbon...crushed
Coozies...nowhere to be found

I insured for a hundred bucks so I probably come out on top a little money wise, but after tying flies, then buying new razors and tying better ones etc etc. This pissed me off.

Wooly is the real loser here as that box and half dozen coozies from outdoor provision and a separate set of bourbon were for him after I drank the first set of bourbon and became a late sender.

Hard to see from the pic but those airplane bottles are smashed to shit and the box is 100% unusable.

Mr Don, do you work for a shipping company in NC? I swear I'll never bump that thread again...
I returned home from the weekend to find this package. Many thanks to all, especially Wooly for coordinating! Very sorry to see that befuddled's goods didn't make it. That would've capped off my weekend nicely.

:cool to all!
Mine arrived yesterday as well. Fantastic stuff.... I've plans for them this weekend on a secret brook trout pond.
Thank you again to WB and all involved.
Man, guys, this is the best set of flies I think I've gotten in a swap. Mine were the duds of the group, for sure.

One thing, tho....

They weren't nearly as mint-y fresh as those I sent. This isn't on any of you save woolybugger. I know he did it on purpose, too.

Gunna catch a fish on one tomorrow for sure.
Woolybug25 wrote:
Send me a set, I'll be glad to send a photo...
In the studio, professional-like...
Do it
Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Muddled Loch Ordie Mayfly (variant) https://[…]

It reminds me of the time Kyner and Heero went[…]

Winter steelhead fly swap 2019

mine went to post last Thurs. sounds like G is ha[…]

A Drakian's dog, no doubt. But I'd do it again.j[…]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine