This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By The Po Thead
[report]The Final Installment

And Mitch, of the two birds out there, one is too nice/awesome to throw into the pits, and the other is too ugly/butch and annoying for me to subject you all to such sights.

Once the middle of May came around, we transitioned from minnow traps to the beach seines as the smolt were moving out of the River

Spent some serious time at the vice, drinking PRB's and listening to tunes to pass the time

I got all fancy and made Coq Au Vin for dinner one night

And we even got the satellite internet setup so that I could keep an eye on you fuckers

A nice view from the 420 porch

Spent a while after work drinking beers and watching the rare thunderstorms move through

Had some nice boat rides up into Canada to hang with our DFO counterparts. The ride was pretty nice, and their camp is a million times nicer than ours (ping pong table included)...

The fiancée flew up for a few days, and I got to show her around the river, and get a nice conjugal visit out of it

Memorial day weekend had some good fishing in some awesome places. Caught a shitload of cutthroat on skated mice patterns

Killed lots of time throwing the frisbee around

Take care fellas, I'll keep y'all posted when I get back in July

Pot Head out[/report]
By The Po Thead
Most of those cutts that we caught in late May and June Randy were probably resident fish of creeks and tribs that flowed into the mainstem of the Taku. Around April and early May when the river was low, it seemed we were catching a lot of cutthroat that were pretty chromed out and were waiting to head out to the estuary/salt with the out migrating fry and smolts.

Just gotta come on up here and see for yourself I guess :cool
By yard4sale
Stunning.
AK run.jpg
AK run.jpg (202.55 KiB) Viewed 776 times
So what are the smolt return rates up there?
By SLSS
DAmn. That's the good stuff. :cool
By flybug.pa.
Got the life Evan. f. spectacular.
By Randall Dee
johnbmadwis wrote:Big difference between trip reports and life reports. Wow. Thanks.

Johnb
Nailed it.

The Po Thead wrote: Just gotta come on up here and see for yourself I guess :cool
Second week of Sept.
Friday Cheer Through Pics

Well then, I’ll play along

Finally getting some rain river mouths are open […]

https://abovethelaw.com/2019/12/small-firm-lawyer-[…]

KP got a good dig in.

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine