This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By upshitscreek
[report]I hadn't been on the trail for a few minutes when another backpacker fly guy passes me coming the other way.

"The upper lake lake is still frozen solid. I skipped the lower lake though. Don't know about that one."

Well, lower lake it is then. I've got a book, camera and scenery to keep me entertained if it's a bust for fishing.

I did want to get a fish on a high lake this weekend to start off the backcountry season though....

On the drive down, I stopped in to check a spot for moose. A good start.

Moose, meet a duck...

Woke up to aspen stands.

Over the first ridge, it looked promising despite the warning from the fisherman I passed a ways back.

That all went to shit about right here. Postholing and snow for the last mile or so up to the lake. It's excellent crowd control though. No previous tracks from this year yet. I'll take it and it's all part of the masochistic fun of backcountry water.

Hell yeah... some open water.

If you look real close....

Kind of looks like a bird head, eh?

The next morning the lake had frozen back over abit.

Some more wildlife on the hike out near a campsite. Probably eating pee dirt for salt.

Dried out my pruned,cold dang feet and caught up on the Suk back at the trailhead.

A few hours later, still hanging out below the trailhead at an overlook, the storms are back, it's booming and raining again. The snow is never gonna meltout this year it seems.

Ah well, fuck it... I caught some fish. :cool[/report]
Last edited by upshitscreek on Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
By kish
Wow. What a trip.
By SLSS
BEautiful stuff, UP. Gorgeous country so well captured.
By Redchaser
Fantastic. I love that place, here's a crappy picture of it from mid summer years ago. I always caught tons of stout cutthroat in the creek coming out of the lake. That hike is killer on a fat boy from sea level.
mountainlake.jpg
mountainlake.jpg (39.28 KiB) Viewed 1154 times
By The Wandering Blues
[report]Waaaaayyy solid. But, in all the stellar photos, I really dig this shot. Just reeks of adventure.
Image[/report]
By Kfoxwyo
Two very nice Sunday eve posts, sweetness..
Speechless on the Fall Cover Fail, OMG

so now that we all know what virtue signalling is […]

Kevin, as always it was great to see you and have […]

Rust Belt 2019

He did....with my camera!! And my fish :gun

Winter steelhead fly swap 2019

when do i get my goddamn flies. is what im wonderi[…]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine