Flying Hungover TR

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
fatman

Re: Flying Hungover TR

Post by fatman » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:04 pm

fuckit, I liked it :smile
My drinkin' days are over; I'm still trouble bound - Slaid Cleaves

"This place is so fucked up. Where else could you find a thread with a Debbie Gibson song, a chapter from Fyodor Dostoevsky, and a sweet under boob pic like that on the same page?" - Hogleg

"You may not be smart, but your car gets good gas mileage". - Stovetop

pbrstreetgang

Post by pbrstreetgang » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:36 pm

I should have clarified:

This was meant only to ruffle Mitch's feathers, not represent the truth.
(it was never given, it was part of the Lend Lease act, which ran 1941-1945 for Allied Nations)

failed.
dang...
Everybody knows this is nowhere...

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:56 pm

brownsville wrote:
fuck you bloody shermans.
geez. you'd think he was there.

u541 is a true story.
I know because bon jovi was there. and if you don't believe me you can look it up.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

flybug.pa.

Post by flybug.pa. » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:24 am

I kind of liked it in a weird way. those were the biggest monster bones I have ever seen in my life, although I kind of cradle my fish to keep from dropping them
If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.
- Frank Zappa

stillsteamin

Post by stillsteamin » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:39 am

flybug.pa. wrote:those were the biggest monster bones I have ever seen in my life
Ya dude, they were massive. My girlfriend told me mine was the biggest she'd ever seen.

After we got done drying them out for photos, we dragged them through the sand and then dropped them on a pile of cracked conch shells. I'll try the cradle thing next time maybe. Is it hard to do?
They all wanna be Hank Williams
They don't wanna have to die

Snagly

Post by Snagly » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:49 am

OK, wise guy, one more try at pronouncing "Conch" before the Language Police lock you up. This is a tough crowd, but it's mostly jealousy and the rest is just flat out praise. :coffee

I appreciate the camera info. Unfortunately, none of what you got is cheap, so rather than cut back on alcohol I'm going to spend $10 on a waterproof condom for my phone and hope for the best.

As for this WWII re-write, I'm admittedly rusty on non-ferrous metal export-import volumes. And very much out of date with Lend Lease. But I'm still calling BS on the claim that Britain won the war on its own . . . with our without Czech and Polish assistance.

Now maybe you can play the Turing card re Enigma, but don't quote Cumberbatch back as that movie didn't walk the straight and narrow, either.
"You despise me, don't you?" Rick "If I gave you any thought I probably would."

stillsteamin

Post by stillsteamin » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:43 am

There's an old Tommy Chong lookin dude that works behind the counter at a camera shop back home that set me straight the first time I barged in there trying to up my instagram game. Megapizels, expensive lenses, and photoshop are all just smoke and mirrors that help amateurs feign professionalism without learning the basics. One of the reasons I am drawn to photography is that like fly fishing, they don't sell skill in shops and there's a lot of people with nice gear that fukn suck.
You may not get the depth and sharpness of quality glass with a phone, but that's all really just polish on a turd at the end of the day if you don't know what you're doing.
They all wanna be Hank Williams
They don't wanna have to die

markl

Post by markl » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:04 am

stillsteamin wrote:There's an old Tommy Chong lookin dude that works behind the counter at a camera shop back home that set me straight the first time I barged in there trying to up my instagram game. Megapizels, expensive lenses, and photoshop are all just smoke and mirrors that help amateurs feign professionalism without learning the basics. One of the reasons I am drawn to photography is that like fly fishing, they don't sell skill in shops and there's a lot of people with nice gear that fukn suck.
You may not get the depth and sharpness of quality glass with a phone, but that's all really just polish on a turd at the end of the day if you don't know what you're doing.
If you took that pic in your avatar, then you have my attention ; )

PatrickBateman

Post by PatrickBateman » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:03 am

Well Written. I enjoyed Immensely. No shame in a little increase in perspective on the fish hold. I think most the most the hero shot critics are just jealous they were not there.

brownsville

Post by brownsville » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:03 pm

Snagly wrote:
As for this WWII re-write, I'm admittedly rusty on non-ferrous metal export-import volumes. And very much out of date with Lend Lease. But I'm still calling BS on the claim that Britain won the war on its own . . . with our without Czech and Polish assistance.

Now maybe you can play the Turing card re Enigma, but don't quote Cumberbatch back as that movie didn't walk the straight and narrow, either.
I don't recall anyone suggesting that Britain won the war alone, the ruskies lost more than anyone, but suck on this

The Tizard Mission

With France lost and Britain reeling under nightly Blitz bombing raids by the Luftwaffe, President Roosevelt was under increasing pressure to both provide assistance to Britain, and to keep political peace at home by keeping out of the war. Britain badly needed American help, in any form that could be offered. Although the cavity magnetron was a profound technological breakthrough, Britain was already consumed by war-related production; she had neither the funds nor the excess manufacturing capacity needed to produce the magnetrons in the numbers needed. Tizard proposed to the new Prime Minister, Winston Churchill, that Britain offer a technology exchange, presenting America with the new magnetron, in return for mass-production of the device. Over the course of the summer months, delegates from London and Washington negotiated the terms of a mission to exchange technology and collaborate on new research efforts. Tizard was chosen to lead the British delegation that would travel to America. Churchill had serious reservations about freely giving away such valued technologies—not only the magnetron, which itself was considered one of Britain’s most valuable war secrets, but also research information relating to gyroscopic gun sights, jet propulsion, and the potential of atomic bombs. Nonetheless, he was so desperate for American help that he approved the plan.

Tizard’s team, including his radar expert Bowen, traveled to America with a box of documents, and the cavity magnetron. Through a series of meetings in Washington, New York, and at MIT, Bowen demonstrated the capabilities of the magnetron to the astonishment of the skeptical American scientists and engineers, who then offered their own ideas, primarily on radar receiver technologies that had been developed by American researchers. Convinced of the tremendous value in the new magnetron, the newly-created National Defense Research Committee (NDRC), the official government overseer of the technology exchange, immediately awarded a contract for thirty magnetrons to the research lab of the Bell Telephone Company. NDRC also helped MIT create its Radiation Laboratory (Rad Lab), which then launched a crash program of further research and development of radar systems.

then choke on it

still a nice TR though :cool

mendthatshit87

Post by mendthatshit87 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:13 pm

Sands/High Rock/Strong Back > Kalik just sayin'
He'll anything that's not Bush Crack is better than that "false Bahamian garbage. But nice fish, and nice sleeves. Just sayin'.
"......what evil lurks in the hearts of Drake."

blumpkin

Post by blumpkin » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:20 pm

Could give a shit less about your elbows.
Just want to replicate the trip.

Anyone down for full blown degenerate bone bake...
"Dunno how this’ll go, I’ve been drinking since 2”
Travis.