H.R.621 Public Lands Sale

Willi

H.R.621 Public Lands Sale

Post by Willi » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:59 pm

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-con ... %5D%7D&r=1

Bill to sell off 3 million acres in in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah and Wyoming. They already instituted a rules package that states that our Public lands have no monetary value which makes the above MUCH easier to impliment.

Willi

fly-chucker

Re: H.R.621 Public Lands Sale

Post by fly-chucker » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:04 pm

I wonder how much they'll get for Yellowstone :gun
"The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits." -CC

"Get off the water you dumb asses…there is a shit storm coming." -Pancho Rancho

"Fucker compared my small stream trout weenie cast to an epileptic with Tourette’s Syndrome." -Carpe Tructa

Bruiser

Post by Bruiser » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:23 pm

Here's how you can contact the House Committee on Natural Resources:

https://naturalresources.house.gov/contact/

Phone: (202) 225-2761

They pick up the telephone right away. Call them and tell them your opinion on HR621. It's still the American Way as far as I know.

:cool
That sounds awesome in my ears!! (P-A)

we were basking in goodness here with our everyday drivel that we enjoy.... the rest of this is horseshit, flybug.pa.

yard4sale

Post by yard4sale » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:25 pm

Bruiser wrote:Here's how you can contact the House Committee on Natural Resources:

https://naturalresources.house.gov/contact/

Phone: (202) 225-2761

They pick up the telephone right away. Call them and tell them your opinion on HR621. It's still the American Way as far as I know.

:cool

No no. Thats the old american way.

Now we put on face masks and just go burn shit in downtown after the bill has been passed.
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

When your choices are between a pedophile religious zealot or a dem suddenly the pedophile religious zealot doesn't sound too bad. - PLOW

Willi

Post by Willi » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:42 pm

It seems to me that wide and diverse groups of people would be against this Bill: fishermen, hunters, environmentalists, backpackers, rafters, birdwatchers etc etc. If a coalition of these groups could be formed, this would be a powerful force. But somehow I can't see the groups now representing each of these factions getting together to work for this common goal.

Willi

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:04 pm

making american grates again.
49% of americans assume I give a shit about what they think.

Hogleg

Post by Hogleg » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:13 pm

Willi wrote:It seems to me that wide and diverse groups of people would be against this Bill: fishermen, hunters, environmentalists, backpackers, rafters, birdwatchers etc etc. If a coalition of these groups could be formed, this would be a powerful force. But somehow I can't see the groups now representing each of these factions getting together to work for this common goal.

Willi
I could get on board with this idea except for the fucking bird watchers. Fuck those guys.
"girls with eating disorders will usually let you come in there in butt." -Jhnnythndr
"...my grandmother’s Tang always tasted like rusty water and dirty socks." - Average Joe
"with some limited exceptions steelhead live where the lady selection is sparce." - MTG

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:14 pm

'twitchers' as they're referred to in austria.
we call smackheads that as well, mind.

and those cachers can suck a bag as well. if they can find it.
49% of americans assume I give a shit about what they think.

FormerlyChaseChrome

Post by FormerlyChaseChrome » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:27 am

Willi wrote:It seems to me that wide and diverse groups of people would be against this Bill: fishermen, hunters, environmentalists, backpackers, rafters, birdwatchers etc etc. If a coalition of these groups could be formed, this would be a powerful force. But somehow I can't see the groups now representing each of these factions getting together to work for this common goal.

Willi
Fallacy man but good sentiment for sure. :cool

These groups are splintered within their ranks as well...so you lose. One would naturally assume outdoorsmen (hunters, anglers, etc) to present a united front, but when representatives of those groups (the dullards, know-nothings, me-firsts, back room bagmen) elevate a business model above all else, then everything else must necessarily be subsumed under it. They bang on about fishing and the environment but the model they value sees those elements as mere commodities of exchange value. Disingenuous at best...
The "common goal" is common insofar as maximizing wealth and profits for the paper-pushers is the governing principle, and you and your "liberal whining" about sustainability and the environment take a back seat...

Small businesses in the rustbelt may very well produce a few hundred minimum wage jobs (I've dealt with this shit in Saint John NB before) but as far as making things "great again" or jump starting an economy...(at the expense of our ecological sustainability I might add , due to deregulation) I offer up the following below...

it's much like trying to jump start a Boeing 747 with a flashlight battery...

carry the fuck on...
Last edited by FormerlyChaseChrome on Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ironman

Post by ironman » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:33 pm

CC and I worked out our misunderstanding. Like men do.

As a show of good faith, he is buying a 20 piece place setting of the rustbelt's finest flatware, with all the add on pieces. I have requested shipping notification on a certain canuckstani shipment.

And I'm high on vaporized feints.

As it relates to this thread: I am not a fan of divesting public lands, and shall be reaching out to my congressman to express my concern.
Last edited by ironman on Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"if you don't understand the perfect logic of this, then you may as well fuck right off Teh Suk" - Fatman

"I took a Japanese whaling approach to panfishing as a kid." - Boomin

peetso

Post by peetso » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:03 pm

Hogleg wrote:
I could get on board with this idea except for the fucking bird watchers. Fuck those guys.
"Cheer up. You are not on fire." - jhnnythndr

the borealist

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:45 pm

Not even the pretense of returning control to the states, just 'disposal' to the highest bidder.