Sad but amusing

Genome

Re: Sad but amusing

Post by Genome » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:47 am

T.J. Brayshaw wrote:Cato institute, bastion of liberals, arguing that immigration of Muslims to U.S. is the best way to change minds, and therefore combat terrorism:

https://www.cato.org/blog/trump-wrong-m ... l-islamism

Thanks for that link, T.J. That article illustrates perfectly what needs to be done. Unfortunately we have a problem on two fronts. The first, we have Idiots like our tangerine president and cock ring believing that walls and travel bans will help us in the end. They won’t. The second, most liberals display an unwillingness to describe our problem within the Muslim world in honest terms. A small minority of Muslims are jihadists. True. However, a significant proportion are Islamists, and a full majority are conservative Muslims (e.g. wishing homosexuals death, wives must be submissive to their husbands, women are inferior to men). The problem within Islam should have been acknowledged by now and by all (I’m looking at you Obama).

This is a war of ideas and Islam (on a global scale) will need to be reformed. You win this war by providing sanctuary for moderate Muslims. A place where they can freely denounce the atrocities committed by ideologues. A place where their children can be free of the villainous influence of the extremists in their own countries. A future must be created where moderate Muslims can promote secular democracies from within their countries of origin. This will happen only if America continues to serve as a model. You cannot get to that future via isolationism.

Ginseng Sullivan

Post by Ginseng Sullivan » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:25 am

You guys are just making too much sense for me to carry on this conversation.

Crispy Cunt will not see the logic in that statement either.

T.J. Brayshaw

Post by T.J. Brayshaw » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:05 am

More from another left-wing rag, The Federalist:

http://thefederalist.com/2014/01/17/the ... expertise/

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:02 pm

T.J. Brayshaw wrote:More from another left-wing rag, The Federalist:

I liked that quite a lot.
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:41 pm

T.J. Brayshaw wrote:More from another left-wing rag, The Federalist:

Pfft...who died and made you the expert?
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

CrispyCracker

Post by CrispyCracker » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:06 pm

skullion wrote:
"Stupidity is tossing around statistics from a clearly biased website as if they're truth”
No, stupidity is denying that major news outlet around the world chronicle thousands of Islam-inspired terrorist attacks each year — yet believing a group of inbred, impotent skinheads are the more existential threat.

Genome wrote:
“we have Idiots believing that walls and travel bans will help us in the end. They won’t…this is a war of ideas and Islam (on a global scale) will need to be reformed.“
So your plan is to do away with security measures altogether and then exhort devout followers of a 1,400 -year-old religion to simply abandon their deeply held beliefs and acquiesce to a culture they have been taught is morally destitute since birth? I see.
“You win this war by providing sanctuary for moderate Muslims”
Funny that you use the term "war". And what is your plan for discerning moderates from radicals, chief? Rock, paper, scissors? A gut feeling? Before you answer, know that it’s second-generation Muslim immigrants who commit most of the world’s acts of terror, so you’ll need your gut to work overtime.

Listen, every hardcore liberal in this country (and certainly this thread) opposes the ban, and these are the same folks who threaten to move to Europe when their politicians of choice lose. Why? Because they perceive European countries as more progressive and enlightened — including their open policies to immigration. Which makes the results of this recent poll awful puzzling:

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/08/europes- ... urvey.html

In a nutshell: the majority of the 10,000 people just surveyed across 10 European countries believe all further migration from mainly Muslim countries should be stopped immediately, and only one in five respondents felt Muslim immigration should continue. Why? Because unlike the bleeding hearts in this thread and around the country they have witnessed the ravages of Muslim violence and cultural bullying up close and personal. And they say it's time to shut the fricking door.

It's time for you patchouli- stained humps to do some basic math.
How do you explain to yourself the casual manner in which you threw your life away? -- James Lee Burke

Genome

Post by Genome » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:33 pm

CrispyCracker wrote:skullion wrote:
"Stupidity is tossing around statistics from a clearly biased website as if they're truth”
No, stupidity is denying that major news outlet around the world chronicle thousands of Islam-inspired terrorist attacks each year — yet believing a group of inbred, impotent skinheads are the more existential threat.

Genome wrote:
“we have Idiots believing that walls and travel bans will help us in the end. They won’t…this is a war of ideas and Islam (on a global scale) will need to be reformed.“
So your plan is to do away with security measures altogether and then exhort devout followers of a 1,400 -year-old religion to simply abandon their deeply held beliefs and acquiesce to a culture they have been taught is morally destitute since birth? I see.
“You win this war by providing sanctuary for moderate Muslims”
Funny that you use the term "war". And what is your plan for discerning moderates from radicals, chief? Rock, paper, scissors? A gut feeling?
Right, that's what I implied. To do away with all security measures. How about just keeping the security measues currently in place that have stopped extremists from these countries? How do we continue to properly vet them? I don't know. You might try that sometime crispy cunt, just admitting you don't have a fucking clue. You haven't a chance here. Now fuck off, or don't I guess. That's what the foes list is for.

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:07 pm

T.J. Brayshaw wrote:Cato institute, bastion of liberals, arguing that immigration of Muslims to U.S. is the best way to change minds, and therefore combat terrorism:

https://www.cato.org/blog/trump-wrong-m ... l-islamism
yeah
ChaseChrome wrote:One shit hole or another shonny...makes no difference...
Least we get it...
what
Ginseng Sullivan wrote:You guys are just making too much sense for me to carry on this conversation.

no
Ginseng Sullivan wrote:You guys are just making too much sense for me to carry on this conversation.

I just wanted to see what it was like to post like a cunt.
it sucks. what a waste of fucking time.

that's right, fucking time.
time best spent fucking around with other things.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

TheRealCrispyCracker

Post by TheRealCrispyCracker » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:11 pm

austrotard wrote:time best spent fucking around with other things.
like running a fishing art store, right Johnny Crispy??
:coffee
I dig guys who own or have owned Dolphin skiffs...

fallen513

Post by fallen513 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:47 am

What a fucking douche.
____________________________________________________________________________________
I love flyfishing so much I want it to die. -thalweg

Isn't it TIME?

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:39 am

seth mate,

let's boycott this thread.
it's got gay all over it.

cheers,
mitch (née: cocksucker o'blacks)

over and out.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

CrispyCracker

Post by CrispyCracker » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:40 am

Genome, I actually give you credit for admonishing both the Left and the Right since we both deserve it. The country is divided into two deaf camps, and we no longer debate, we just argue. But you lose credibility when you acknowledge the threat of radicalized Muslim immigrants, and then follow that admission with this:
“How do we continue to properly vet them? I don't know.”
We gotta have a plan to protect American lives, and a temporary ban that buys us time to refine our vetting process is exactly that.

As for my allegedly "isolationist" views, wrong. I fully believe in the diversity and strengths yielded by immigration, and I surround myself with friends of different races and cultures. But Muslims are simply a bigger risk than any other group to whom we have offered entry. In fact, latter-day Muslims have religious conflicts with Hindus in Kashmir; Christians in Nigeria, Egypt, and Bosnia; atheists in Chechnya; Baha'is in Iran; Animists in Darfur; Buddhists in Thailand; each other in Iraq, Pakistan, Syria, Somalia, and Yemen; Jews in Israel; etc. Why is Islam involved in more sectarian and religious conflicts than any other religion today? Because they do not assimilate -- they oppress. And that's demonstrable fact.
How do you explain to yourself the casual manner in which you threw your life away? -- James Lee Burke