This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By stillsteamin
Any of you fuckers ever strapped a deflated raft and frame on top of a small suv like a Ford Escape? I've never seen one deflated (like 13-14ft self bailing style, NRS or similar) so I've no idea how big they are when folded or rolled and the Internet is curiously devoid of pictures. I did find a pic of a guy who strapped an inflated one to his car which seems like a terrible idea. Thanks

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (90.35 KiB) Viewed 1300 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (126.13 KiB) Viewed 1300 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (47.44 KiB) Viewed 1300 times
By Hogleg
I once strapped a fully rigged, 16', 3 man fishing frame cataraft to the top of a Tacoma with a topper and Yakima rack.

Really bad idea.
By SLSS
With a roof rack with long enough bars, the frame shouldn't be. big deal. Roll the raft and figure out how to stuff it inside. If you can't find dimensions of a rolled raft, I'd call NRS customer service and ask.

I'm gonna go do some pushups now. I'm suddenly inspired.
By CarelessEthiopian
^This is the method.

Fold the raft in thirds long ways. Take one end and fold it up toward the other end, 2/3 overlap. Start rolling from the fat end toward the bow/stern. Helps to have a big long cam strap to cinch the whole thing by the middle when done. Strap the frame and oars to the top. If it's more than a basic rowing frame, good luck with that.

With this method, I could fit a 14' hypalon boat plus huge cooler and dry box in/on a Subaru Outback with no problem.

Or, a couple longboards under the corners of the boat makes for a decent trailer. Not so great on dirt roads.
By austrotard
I owe you three asses.

protip: once you impregnate them, much like mitch fucko construction risk estimates, they blow out.
By upshitscreek
It took me a minute to break free of staring at those cheeks.

If you are space starved in the truck with passengers then frame on top on a Yakima rack, put what gear you can in dry bags or duffle bags strapped on top to the raft frame(lighter weight stuff) and if you still need to keep the raft out of the inside then look at one of these hitch mounted cargo carriers, too. Your back and roof will thank you not having to lift that shit over your head and frame onto a roof. The truck will ride better not having the weight up high centered, as well.
IMG_0041.PNG
IMG_0041.PNG (127.12 KiB) Viewed 1107 times
And be sure to cover up the bolts with duct tape or something to keep from maybe wearing holes.
By upshitscreek
Also, if you still need to put the raft on your roof then put an oar w/o blade through the center of it when you roll it it up taco style like CE said so you and another can lift and walk it over the truck roof easier. Pull out the oar when it's on the roof. Oar and cam straps for getting it off.

Providing you all aren't midgets, too.

Kind of like this, sort of.
IMG_0042.PNG
IMG_0042.PNG (577.85 KiB) Viewed 1054 times
By Redchaser
upshitscreek wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:00 am It took me a minute to break free of staring at those cheeks.

If you are space starved in the truck with passengers then frame on top on a Yakima rack, put what gear you can in dry bags or duffle bags strapped on top to the raft frame(lighter weight stuff) and if you still need to keep the raft out of the inside then look at one of these hitch mounted cargo carriers, too. Your back and roof will thank you not having to lift that shit over your head and frame onto a roof. The truck will ride better not having the weight up high centered, as well.

IMG_0041.PNG

And be sure to cover up the bolts with duct tape or something to keep from maybe wearing holes.
I got a carrier similar to that fora bout $50 at harbor freight, pull tehm up online and there's usually a 20%off coupon
Rock curry

That was a fantastic TR. Much of it hit home,[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Traffic Light Cormorant https://live.staticf[…]

whatcha tying?

Lando you caught the bug big time, been enjoying s[…]

The return of Stolen Hours

July 9, 2020 #29 $101/6 = $16.83 Gas $2.09 […]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine