This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Ginseng Sullivan
Had a similar trip planned for last year and it dissolved before my eyes. Mostly my fault and seriously made me consider my age and ambition. It's easier and easier to not go on open ended rambles across the country. Inspiration comes in weird ways with me. A chance conversation with an older friend (20 years older!) who's been on many a long road. The most recent for him was personally tragic and seriously bumpy to outright washboardy. He was telling me about the next trip he was planning.

Stop finding excuses and get on the road. It's been far too long.

So I 'm heading to CO solo and really looking forward to the trip. I have gotten some fantastic recon from The CE (thank you!) and now at least have a destination and sort of plan. I know there's a bunch of Drakians in the Denver area and I'd love to get to fish with as many as possible or at least have a beer. If some fishing spots got mentioned along the way, that'd be all right too. I'm likely to follow my usual MO and stumble from one recommendation to another. CO is fuckin huge and even focusing on the NW of Denver area is crazy figuring where to start.

Hitting the road from WNY Monday 8/28 and looking for somewhere to stop for the night along rt 80 in maybe the Iowa city area or a bit west of there. Making the first day longer to allow for some camp setup when I arrive in CO the second night. Hotel, Bisexual rest area (not gay), farm field, any suggestions welcome. I'd even alter the route slightly for something good. Gonna miss the Corn Palace but I guess I'll survive.

I'll be getting to the land of The CE around 8/29 and camping for a couple of nights, hopefully acclimatizing to the stratosphere, before heading to Denver for some smelly hippy weekend shows. Then it's back to camping and fishing the week of labor day through that next weekend. Might have a couple of other flatlanders with me the last week. They can keep their mouths shut too.

CE has given me some spots to consider and we'll do our best to hit as much as possible. If anyone else wants to join in we'd be grateful for the company.

Thank you. :cool

By Da Ax
She healthy...
By BigTimber
voyeurclouds.com.....how the hell did you find a semi-safe-for-work picture from that sight?
By CarelessEthiopian
Ginseng Sullivan wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:52 am I know there's a bunch of Drakians in the Denver area
There really aren't, though. Slave is there and he'll get together with you. Cheebs and Humpy have dropped out. Sixgunner never has any time. Kyner doesn't like us. Greenback isn't too far from the city. Upshitscreek is a littl more north but he doesn't want to hang out with us for some reason. Willi is up there too but he's usually doing bigger and better things. Hogleg is further from the city than I am. Ephemeral is way down in the corner. I'm sure there are tons of lurker that live in Denver but they're just a bunch of losers.

I would say call nemo, but I'm sure he'll see this and chime in because he's really on top of shit here.

See ya soon. Fishing has been great everywhere. Bring a rain jacket.

edit because I forgot about Willi, but it's ok because he forgets things sometimes, too
Last edited by CarelessEthiopian on Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By RFA
CarelessEthiopian wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:47 pm
Ginseng Sullivan wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:52 am I know there's a bunch of Drakians in the Denver area
There really aren't, though. Slave is there and he'll get together with you. Cheebs and Humpy have dropped out. Sixgunner never has any time. Kyner doesn't like us. Greenback isn't too far from the city. Upshitscreek is a littl more north but he doesn't want to hang out with us for some reason. Hogleg is further from the city than I am. Ephemeral is way down in the corner. I'm sure there are tons of lurker that live in Denver but they're just a bunch of losers.

I would say call nemo, but I'm sure he'll see this and chime in because he's really on top of shit here.

See ya soon. Fishing has been great everywhere. Bring a rain jacket.

What about me?!!??!

RFA's not here, the COOLEST Drakian of all time.

I was never near Denver, unless 2+ hours is close.

Also - Nemo took the time to write a 5 paragraph lecture to me on the front page 2 days ago when I criticized the gear article for Deli Fresh....
By Lando
Jesus fuck...........always about you, isn't it.
By RFA
Coming from a dude who named a gathering after his username on the Drake, that stings. The same person who PM'd me to tell me that it was OK for me to show up at said gathering Luau, because he said so.

I'd call a Raffa Roustabout, but it would seem odd that it was centered around me....you know, real people getting together rather than internet stuff....and all....and whatnot.
By SLSS
RFA wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:59 pm I was never near Denver, unless 2+ hours is close.
Your eastern roots are showing. That's just around the corner in the west. :coffee
By Lando
Get off the internet and go make sweet love to your wife.
By Ajax
I'll be leaving Denver bright & early on 8/30, heading back east. I'll wave. Blue Ford truck with a matching cap.
"official" intro

meh... :coffee points for sticking around.

Roughfish swap (Heero backed out)

second bump, cuz Scott's puke is foamy

come hell or high water tr

IMG_6407 (2).JPG IMG_6388 (2).JPG IMG_6268.JP[…]

CarpSpace

seein hows we never manage to poopfish at the lua[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine