This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Bruiser
I think I was a junior - washing pizza pans really late at night at Shakey's Pizza - washing dishes enabled me to listen to the radio.

Pretty amazing that I still remember the first time I heard Tom Petty.

By Spicytuna
A Legend of his time.

this is a shitty time that I hope can find a way to turn around.

This song got me through countless night driving shifts while fishing my way from San Diego to Cabo and the return trip as well.

His Pandora radio is my go to for fishing.

Sip will be poured
By RFA
EDIT:

I first got into Tom Petty in the early/mid 90's. I knew of him and liked his songs, but he became a staple of my days while working, and I will never forget how one of his songs coming on the work truck radio used to psych me up.

I drove an auto parts truck for 2 years, circa 1996-97. The job paid shit, and the trucks were questionable at best from a safety standpoint, but it offered freedom and exploration that a 19-20 year old rarely gets while being paid.

The store was located in Jersey, Son's Auto. Local joint. The 4-5 kids I worked with scrambled for the unreserved trucks at 6:30AM while the "made" dudes drank coffee. They had the prime trucks, which were still pieces of shit, but they had AC, or stick shift, or a cab on the back (a must for long range runs with high dollar parts, meaning more time away from the shop).

I gradually moved my way up, it only took 2 summers. I had a toyota tin can with a cab on the back, and had runs across the Ben Franklin into Philly, DEEP into Philly. The thing was reliable, and had a working FM radio. I had my list of songs that I wanted to hear, and Tom Petty was at the top of the list, American Girl, etc. I would be flooring my shitbox down some ghetto street in North Philly, blasting TP, smoking camels, thinking about going drinking that night.

I developed a relationship with all of the dudes I delivered parts with, mutual suffering. They would bullshit with me, jokes, etc. I use that same skill when I head into the seedier parts of Schenectady, and have made a lot of connections. My buddy tries to do it, and is met with skepticism. He can't understand how these dudes don't understand him or his jokes, yet treat me like I am their best friend.

experience.
By LA Fly Guy
Shit.

These guys are running out of empty rocking chairs.

By Bobwhite
Fuck.

I had no idea he was gone.

In my world he's right there with Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan Townes Van Zandt, and Neil Young.

What a loss...

I hope he's rockin' it with his friends right now...
By Jed
One of my favorites:

I remember driving with my kids on long trips listening to this album. Wonderful music.

KP got a good dig in. When I'm the guy who ge[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Pearly Muddler Mayfly https://live.staticfli[…]

come hell or high water tr

Good year SFB. FYI, he's FSB over here, the[…]

Friday Cheer Through Pics

Summer was nice. https://i.imgur.com/2xETTzX.jp[…]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine