This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By yard4sale
Find yourself a nice shady spot with a view, crack a cold one, take a sip, and soak it all in...

Such a powerful woman in so many ways....
By Jed
She was one of the best. I still listen to Lady Soul on vinyl.
By blumpkin
^^^ She was a complete fucking bad ass, with soul for days...
By austrotard
"... a determined mother with two young boys at 17..."

try 14yrs. and her first at fucking 12yrs.
but sugarcoat shiny shit when it suits, sepps. wha'ev'a youse do don't let me start no stereotyping.

too soon? I give a fuck.
take out tcb.

I give it two weeks before some hokey twat comes out with a song involving aretha and elvis karking it on the same day.
fuck it. one week.
my luck it'll be keith urban.
By LA Fly Guy
Truly one of a kind. Her power and soul was unmatched. Another legend gone.

[quote=Palometa post_id=689390 time=1534479013 user_id=17115]

[/quote]

I found it interesting in the "extras" after the Blues Brothers movie that they had trouble filming that scene because of Aretha's improvisational style. She really never sang the same song twice - and couldn't. Naturally it was hard for everyone to keep up with her and if they prerecorded her singing, Aretha's lips didn't match the words coming out of her mouth.

She was truly amazing.
By Ginseng Sullivan
austrotard wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:18 am "... a determined mother with two young boys at 17..."

try 14yrs. and her first at fucking 12yrs.
but sugarcoat shiny shit when it suits, sepps. wha'ev'a youse do don't let me start no stereotyping.

too soon? I give a fuck.
take out tcb.
Thank you mister Glasshouse.

If you can't appreciate what she's done just STFU. For once.
By austrotard
it's not her, trappy.

it's the way you fuckers deliver your flippant glasshouse news. that was the second sentence out of the twat's mouth ("after a successful recording at 14yrs...").

"ohhh... but it was a different time back then..." I hear you serve.
but I've yet to figure out what that actually excuses.
on one hand you'll make excuses that fuel a guilt ridden agenda and with the other hand you'll knock down statues (same glasshouse agenda, hey).
whatever looks good on your fucking televisions.

again, quick maths. there's 320million of you and counting.
if you wanna find another impregnated 12yr old that can sing you don't have to travel too far.
in fact, you probably don't have to go past the end of your street. which is also convenient.

and I'm pleased that she showed you how to be an independent colonial sister.
here's hoping another one of your icons dies tomorrow. maybe it'll be a founding crip. or a tribal chief.

:cool
By Bobwhite
austrotard wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:57 pm it's not her, trappy.

it's the way you fuckers deliver your flippant glasshouse news. that was the second sentence out of the twat's mouth ("after a successful recording at 14yrs...").

"ohhh... but it was a different time back then..." I hear you serve.
but I've yet to figure out what that actually excuses.
on one hand you'll make excuses that fuel a guilt ridden agenda and with the other hand you'll knock down statues (same glasshouse agenda, hey).
whatever looks good on your fucking televisions.

again, quick maths. there's 320million of you and counting.
if you wanna find another impregnated 12yr old that can sing you don't have to travel too far.
in fact, you probably don't have to go past the end of your street. which is also convenient.

and I'm pleased that she showed you how to be an independent colonial sister.
here's hoping another one of your icons dies tomorrow. maybe it'll be a founding crip. or a tribal chief.

:cool
Whatever...
By root wad
You know Smitch, you have occasionally been a somewhat amusing little twerp but most of the time you just make me really happy I never have to fish with you again. Glad you have obviously determined (once more) that we "sepps" no longer deserve the privilege of your company. Just think, instead of spending all that money on airline tickets you can afford to smoke even more pots. Good choice.
By austrotard
okay. hands up everybody who knew of britney spears' sister or sarah palin's daughter before they accidentally fell pregnant on the 6 o'clock news.
there's your fucking answer.

take your double standard media, your mtv teen mom celebrations and go fuck yourselves.
I've clearly made my point. if that offends you I don't care.

it's fucked.
the last thing you wanna do is fucking try and defend it, mate. pick your fucking battles.
By Bobwhite
austrotard wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:24 pm okay. hands up everybody who knew of britney spears' sister or sarah palin's daughter before they accidentally fell pregnant on the 6 o'clock news.
there's your fucking answer.

take your double standard media, your mtv teen mom celebrations and go fuck yourselves.
I've clearly made my point. if that offends you I don't care.

it's fucked.
the last thing you wanna do is fucking try and defend it, mate. pick your fucking battles.
Defend what, Shawn?

Sorry, friend.

Whatever...
Friday Cheer Through Pics

Summer was nice. https://i.imgur.com/2xETTzX.jp[…]

https://abovethelaw.com/2019/12/small-firm-lawye[…]

Ah Mark, Dog rest his soul. All he wanted for th[…]

come hell or high water tr

Good year SFB. Thanks for all you do for us on the[…]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine