This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By CC Riebeeck
Yeah, two messages here
Those that can, will understand
Those that can’t (won’t), will never get it.

Step deftly...like the folks from Acadie
Fathers never were (see phenomenology and grow up)

Early Hitsville, makes it all in...
By Plow
One of the greats, a life well lived.

Sips poured...
By pbrstreetgang
I never liked her music or her performances. But a lot of people did - including all of her sons, I bet.
By Redchaser
A powerful voice (both as a singer and a woman), who could make you feel what she wanted you to with a verse. There's a video circulating of a performance where she is on stage with a bunch of more current day "divas" and none could come close to coming out of her shadow. It was fitting that she was the first woman inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
By Ginseng Sullivan
Really didn't mean to throw Mitchy under the bus but I guess he did that hisself anyhow?

People are weird, stupid, generally fucked up and dripping sin every place I've been.

Some just happened to be way more talented than others.

I even think that 'Merica gives him the right to bitch if he wants. Sinners notwithstanding it ain't so bad here.
By austrotard
austrotard wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:57 pm it's not her, trappy.

it's the way you fuckers deliver your flippant glasshouse news.
but fuck it.
everybody loves a good bee's nest.

and I welcome any topic that allows bill to tell me he's never going to take me fishing.
we had sooo much planned. I was just going to show up the day after.
never forget.

okay. sometimes forget.
By Jed
IN 1968 I was in college. For shits and giggles I broke into the college bookstore to get a few albums. One of the one's I picked was Lady Soul. I brought it back to my room and spun it up. I had little idea what to expect but it started with Chain of Fools and it totally blew my mind. That song and Natural Woman, both on the A side were so incredible that I think I played it all afternoon and fell in love with her voice.

I still have that vinyl in my collection and have managed to hang onto it in spite of the efforts of several of my children.

By SLSS
Jed wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:45 pm IN 1968 I was in college. For shits and giggles I broke into the college bookstore to get a few albums. One of the one's I picked was Lady Soul. I brought it back to my room and spun it up. I had little idea what to expect but it started with Chain of Fools and it totally blew my mind. That song and Natural Woman, both on the A side were so incredible that I think I played it all afternoon and fell in love with her voice.
That's good shit, Jed. :cool What a way to discover something you love.
By CC Riebeeck
Ginseng Sullivan wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:41 am Really didn't mean to throw Mitchy under the bus
Elephant skin Sully.
Would take a train...but that’s another story...go ahead, ask her

See you when it’s colder pal

Congrats LSU. I felt like they were the team to […]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Denson's Hot Kate Muddler https://live.stat[…]

:gun new format

Old saying about rumors of my death have been grea[…]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine