This day in history THREAD...

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Spudnik

Re: This day in history THREAD...

Post by Spudnik » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:22 pm

Jesus, I know you can’t possibly be referring to the white guy who can’t sing in that video, so exactly which one of the musicians is it wmthat was on a path to greatness?

If we’re comparing whoever that guy is to Janis Joplin, we’re losing something in communication.
"Do you think it is real? I bet it is hard and soft, like hard muscle but really smooth skin. I bet it is real nice." - midstream

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:55 pm

knowing what I know now I just think what a waste of tattoo ink.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

yard4sale

Post by yard4sale » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:37 am

Spudnik wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:22 pm
Jesus, I know you can’t possibly be referring to the white guy who can’t sing in that video, so exactly which one of the musicians is it wmthat was on a path to greatness?

If we’re comparing whoever that guy is to Janis Joplin, we’re losing something in communication.
Not comparing them at all. Just pointing out Mitch’s hypocrisy of bitching about any and all pour a sip threads but then praising one for somebody who died 50 years ago.

Maybe I should just start a thread for poor ol Beethoven.

Today it’s Rodney Dangerfield day....
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

When your choices are between a pedophile religious zealot or a dem suddenly the pedophile religious zealot doesn't sound too bad. - PLOW

Noodledick

Post by Noodledick » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:56 am

Being dead is a great state of being. No more burdens, no more heartache. For this, I envy Janice.

CC Riebeeck

Post by CC Riebeeck » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:26 pm

No one asked a libation to be made...
But if you’re so motivated, best do it today...

THIS day in history...be septic my friends

CC Riebeeck

Post by CC Riebeeck » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:31 pm

Told ya...youze all fecked now

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:05 pm

yard4sale wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:37 am
Spudnik wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:22 pm

Not comparing them at all. Just pointing out Mitch’s hypocrisy of bitching about any and all pour a sip threads but then praising one for somebody who died 50 years ago.

Maybe I should just start a thread for poor ol Beethoven.

Today it’s Rodney Dangerfield day....
wtfuck???

austrotard wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:56 pm
hmmm... I bought pearl a fortnight ago with some joe cocker.
apparently 'she knew when she was 14'. yuck.

and I don't listen to too many bishes since mclachlan made me whimper.

I need to get some chris rea.
and some george benson. mebbe some beakfarts.
"more fake news to suit an agenda."

I learned that from seppo fuckknuckle news.
so cheers for that.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

fishskibum

Post by fishskibum » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:12 am

as always im a few days late but back round this time in 69

fuck ya if ya aint down with the circuses
"To get high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else.And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe" -Jerry Garcia

pbrstreetgang

Post by pbrstreetgang » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:03 pm

now on Netflix. That's a good thing
Everybody knows this is nowhere...

Spicytuna

Post by Spicytuna » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:09 pm

OCTOBER 09
Meteorite crashes into Chevy Malibu
On this day in 1992, 18-year-old Michelle Knapp is watching television in her parents’ living room in Peekskill, New York when she hears a thunderous crash in the driveway. Alarmed, Knapp ran outside to investigate. What she found was startling, to say the least: a sizeable hole in the rear end of her car, an orange 1980 Chevy Malibu; a matching hole in the gravel driveway underneath the car; and in the hole, the culprit: what looked like an ordinary, bowling-ball–sized rock. It was extremely heavy for its size (it weighed about 28 pounds), shaped like a football and warm to the touch; also, it smelled vaguely of rotten eggs. The next day, a curator from the American Museum of Natural History in New York City confirmed that the object was a genuine meteorite.

Hope I did this right?

Either way its a pretty cool fact.
"In truth you can throw dries and swing flies and still be a loser. That would be an elite loser though.
Rare breed." - MTgrayling

"You guys know the Magic Hour???? Yeah it just happened I was there!!!" DK

LA Fly Guy

Post by LA Fly Guy » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:19 pm

Spicytuna wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:09 pm
OCTOBER 09
Meteorite crashes into Chevy Malibu
On this day in 1992, 18-year-old Michelle Knapp is watching television in her parents’ living room in Peekskill, New York when she hears a thunderous crash in the driveway. Alarmed, Knapp ran outside to investigate. What she found was startling, to say the least: a sizeable hole in the rear end of her car, an orange 1980 Chevy Malibu; a matching hole in the gravel driveway underneath the car; and in the hole, the culprit: what looked like an ordinary, bowling-ball–sized rock. It was extremely heavy for its size (it weighed about 28 pounds), shaped like a football and warm to the touch; also, it smelled vaguely of rotten eggs. The next day, a curator from the American Museum of Natural History in New York City confirmed that the object was a genuine meteorite.

Hope I did this right?

Either way its a pretty cool fact.
I would think you did it right Tuna.

I can only imagine the discussion with the insurance company over the whole ordeal.
... there are two kind of anglers, sight fishermen and the rest of you. If you don't see it first, it doesn't count. - Long Haired Dave

Bait fishermen and flatlanders that can't catch redfish spend more time fishing for specks - Redchaser

CC Riebeeck

Post by CC Riebeeck » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:44 pm

Tommie Smith and John Carlos...shoulda taken a knee