Bad Reads

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Rooster

Re: Bad Reads

Post by Rooster » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:41 am

Originally posted by Smithhammer:n Image
I dont remember the part of the book where Moby Dick shoots whale semen on Ahab's face...Or was that written into the screenplay because the movie guys wanted a love scene?
big honking fish...

Smithhammer

Post by Smithhammer » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:49 am

Why do you think Ahab was so perpetually pissed? Besides, I think it was a typo in the script that nobody caught - it was actually supposed to say "Ahab faces the seamen."
"I expect more from the man who gave us all boobies and pie..." - epon

Buster Wants to Fish

Mouthful of Feathers

Brookwookie

Post by Brookwookie » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:20 am

Micus,Fair enough, and thanks for the reads. I love this:n Image
The Most Recent Evolution Of Muthafusticus Modernusticus
Buster Wants To Fish

coolconman

Post by coolconman » Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:19 pm

Micus, been reading some of your articles today instead of working. I'm really enjoying them. I've read the [/img]iasma" one somewhere before, but I'm not sure where.
n Anyway I have to officially call off our duel over "The Dick" because I can't bring myself to kill you and deprive the fishing public of your writing. :cool: bent rods and full pints,Connor
"Hey man, I''m not a tree hugger......but if I see one with titties, Ima hump da shit out of it."n ~dutch(effin new guy)

D. Micus

Post by D. Micus » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:42 am

well, connor, if my writing is able to keep someone from working, it has been worth it. thanks for the kind words.
Don''t get eliminated

Eider

Post by Eider » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:57 pm

Bump.

BigTimber

Post by BigTimber » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:13 am

hotspur wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:48 am
At the risk of being smitten from this board (and perhaps the earth), could we put Gierach on this list? He has written the same story over and over again for the past ten years: formulaic dimestore wisdom with buddy bonding thrown in. Now if we go back to his beginnings and let him wax over things like Camp Coffee, then there's something to it. My hypothesis: he has made too much easy money. Some real talents have sold out, but they didn't do it with their writing. (Jim Harrison hawks luggage for Orvis; David Foster Wallace caught Frank(?) Conroy writing brochures for cruise lines. Neither of these guys got sucked into the Part II syndrome: 'People bought that last one; hell, they'll buy this one, too...')Oh, and since you all hate me now, we can add anything James Prosek has written to the list of Bad Reads.
so many old timey Drake characters, but Hotspur nailed it.
This place has enough jiggly milkbags, marsupials fisting off, and animated cherubs getting stabbed in the fuck to get anyone shitcanned, if''n their boss can''t take a joke. ~SUAF

Pussy, much like freedom, ain't free.

America has become a dildo that has turned berserkly on its owner. ~McGuane 1971

CC Riebeeck

Post by CC Riebeeck » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:50 am

Repetition of the same...it’s like gheypages posting up countless iterations of the Skagit Mist.

See that, and in less than 30 words...
You know...

Eider

Post by Eider » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:58 pm

CC Riebeeck wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:50 am
Repetition of the same...it’s like gheypages posting up countless iterations of the Skagit Mist.

See that, and in less than 30 words...
You know...
Are you referring to books or the thread? You need to work on the precision of your language. This will be 30 words. I understand that is your limit. True?

stillsteamin

Post by stillsteamin » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:54 am

You can tell this was in the relative early days of the internet because it's actually good discussion. When people wrote online the way they'd speak in real life... and still read books.
They all wanna be Hank Williams
They don't wanna have to die

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:34 pm

stillsteamin wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:54 am
You can tell this was in the relative early days of the internet because it's actually good discussion. When people wrote online the way they'd speak in real life... and still read books.
I don't really want to think about how long ago I started hanging out on here- not the earliest of early days, I'm too old and was behind the curve. But it was the first message board I'd ever seen. And I jumped in. My wife used to read it over my shoulder and we'd be laughing our asses off.

So much better than FB and it's light bandying about.

Thanks for digging this out Eider.
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

Eider

Post by Eider » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:15 pm

SLSS wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:34 pm
stillsteamin wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:54 am
I don't really want to think about how long ago I started hanging out on here- not the earliest of early days, I'm too old and was behind the curve. But it was the first message board I'd ever seen. And I jumped in. My wife used to read it over my shoulder and we'd be laughing our asses off.

So much better than FB and it's light bandying about.

Thanks for digging this out Eider.
No problem. There is gold to find when you dig. I've been on this board for too long.

Edit: While this predates me joining this board, it does not predate my lurking. And I still mostly lurk. I'm weird like that.