This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By SLSS
Eider wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:15 pm
SLSS wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:34 pm
stillsteamin wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:54 am You can tell this was in the relative early days of the internet because it's actually good discussion. When people wrote online the way they'd speak in real life... and still read books.
I don't really want to think about how long ago I started hanging out on here- not the earliest of early days, I'm too old and was behind the curve. But it was the first message board I'd ever seen. And I jumped in. My wife used to read it over my shoulder and we'd be laughing our asses off.

So much better than FB and it's light bandying about.

Thanks for digging this out Eider.
No problem. There is gold to find when you dig. I've been on this board for too long.

Edit: While this predates me joining this board, it does not predate my lurking. And I still mostly lurk. I'm weird like that.

Lurking. Stalking. Oh well.
By Eider
Amen.
I should do an intro. Maybe 13 years later. A story of development may be interesting. To some, not all.

I'm reading Peter Matthesian's The Snow Leopard. I'm on the fence. I began reading it 10 years ago, but stopped. Recently, I started again. I can't decide if its a good or bad read. I'm still not done with it.
By trouthound
Under the Volcano by ML. I’m not saying it’s a bad read but I just don’t get it. Supposed to be a great novel of the 20th C. I got a few hundy in and was bored out of my skull. I’m obviously too low brow for that thing. Imagery was fine and the guy could write I just couldn’t get into the flow or characters. Probably saying way more about me than the book.
By mitch aka 2 fish
trout fishing in america.

he went home and killed himself.
the end.

cheers.
By Kfoxwyo
Same here Trouthound, I tried for two plus years to read Under the Volcano-finally gave it to a young lady in Argentina-she was stoked. So was I ...
By Bobwhite
mitch aka 2 fish wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:11 am trout fishing in america.

the end.

cheers.
Mayonnaise
By Transylwader

the end.

cheers.
At least America has trout that belong. You limey fucks single handedly destroyed Oz. I'm sure some Aborigines are brewing to hang your ass like the Oliver Cromwell you are. Power to the natives. Perhaps hung drawn and quartered. Not a fan of reading a blokes comments on here who speaks in seconds and turds, where in real life butter couldn't melt in your mouth. Voetsek!
By Bobwhite
Bobwhite wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:00 pm

the end.

cheers.
Mayonnaise
Mayonnaise - the word was printed across the back of one of his books, I think, in reference to his use of a mayonnaise jar, as a metaphor.

I always thought it a bit odd... and brilliant; like the man.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trout_Fishing_in_America
By mitch aka 2 fish
Transylwader wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:07 pm
Not a fan of reading a blokes comments on here who speaks in seconds and turds
sure. you'd rather eat seconds and thirds, you fat twat.

ps. you sound like a wee agnes.

It reminds me of the time Kyner and Heero went f[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Blue Zulu Muddler https://live.staticflickr.[…]

Impeachment pool

teflon don, teflon shawn. I give a fuck. where's […]

Thanks, Honyuker! Now, about that addy? And where[…]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine