The Chronicles of the Wooden Shoe- winter TR pg 12

Got something to sell? Need a job? Post your for sale ads and resumes here. IMPORTANT: this forum for non-professional posts. If you are a professional organization and would like to post your ad here, please contact us at info@drakemag.com.
-G-

Re: The Chronicles of the Wooden Shoe- TR pg 10

Post by -G- » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:21 pm

austrotard wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:49 pm
that's a fiver, dr.
You think they’d teach us to spell while they’re at it.
Maybe we haven't drank enough Busch- Nolan

Kfoxwyo

Post by Kfoxwyo » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:35 am

Thank you-
Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need-a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing.
-Jerome K. Jerome, 1889

TPeak

Post by TPeak » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:52 am

Just dropped in cause I know you shit heads missed me.
Had to leave a message. That boat is badass. Props to you, sir.
Lando, sure hope you have the same address, otherwise someone else is getting your box of holiday poo

Peace!

Transylwader

Post by Transylwader » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:44 pm

Fuckin A. Not sure how I missed this. Oh yeah, I seldom go downstairs to the assifieds.
This thread is tits up. Good shit indeed, G. She's fucking beautiful. Cheers for that.
If assholes could fly, Raleigh would be a fucking airport - my Mum

Woolybug25

Post by Woolybug25 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:39 am

This floatie is truly remarkable. Hopefully I get a chance to see it this spring? :cool
"All mountain hippies are as young as they day they were born, smarter than Einstein, better looking than Tom Selleck and could outfish an army of pinners." - foureyedgeek

www.hiptothesip.blogspot.com

-G-

Post by -G- » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:45 pm

Sure hope so WB! I have may-June totally off this spring after gradjumacating. I’d even be down for doing a bake in the north wuuds

stillsteamin

Post by stillsteamin » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:56 am

-G- wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:45 pm
I have may-June totally off this spring after gradjumacating.
Get a job, hippie
I still like to explore new water, but these holes and drifts and slots are like the books and records I have carried around for decades. They are not only places of affection - they are the fabric of my life. - Doug Rose

Woolybug25

Post by Woolybug25 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:43 pm

-G- wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:45 pm
Sure hope so WB! I have may-June totally off this spring after gradjumacating. I’d even be down for doing a bake in the north wuuds
Sounds like a plan, my friend. :cool
"All mountain hippies are as young as they day they were born, smarter than Einstein, better looking than Tom Selleck and could outfish an army of pinners." - foureyedgeek

www.hiptothesip.blogspot.com

Average Joe
Location: Where they rip out the trees and name streets after them.

Post by Average Joe » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:26 pm

Beautiful job -G-

Very, very well done. I hope she serves you for many years to come.

-G-

Post by -G- » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:52 am

Getting skunked on Christmas eve.

For 10 years now, nolan and I have fished on Christmas Eve together. For the first 8 years it was always the morning of Christmas Eve and we’d hike in several miles for our skunking while always trying to make it back home in time for our family ‘eve dinners.

With time comes more and different responsibilities. Nolan has been living out in Salt Lake City for the past two years working on his masters in fine art while teaching at the University. We haven’t been able to get out on Christmas Eve itself, but still get out once together during the holidays to get skunked. And this year it would be in the shoe.

Nolan showed up in a full camo suit with no intentions of getting in the water, his 5 gal zip lock bag full of all his fishing gear with muddy boat water from the day before still in the bottom left corner, and a half rack of Bell’s two hearteds.

Nolan, who once unknowingly fished without a fly down the entirety of the miracle mile on the deschutes one morning rigged his gear and made sure all his knots were tight

He told me a story of how him and his buddy lost an oar the other day and had to bum a net off another fisherman to ratchet strap somehow to the other oar to get it off the bottom of the 12 foot deep pool. “Can’t believe that guy thought his net was was a long handled one” he remarked.

He forced two hearteds down me and made me feel ashamed of not keeping up.

He pointed out flaws in the shoe, and if I intentionally did them or if it was on purpose.

He suggested that maybe the fish weren’t biting because we hadn’t shotgunned any two hearteds yet.

And we got skunked; together. Like we have for 10 straight years for Christmas.

And here I am the morning after with a pulsating headache and looking forward to our next outing together.

Merry Christmas.

LA Fly Guy

Post by LA Fly Guy » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:12 am

Here's to the Holidays, Fishing with Friends, and Getting Skunked. :cool :cool
... there are two kind of anglers, sight fishermen and the rest of you. If you don't see it first, it doesn't count. - Long Haired Dave

Bait fishermen and flatlanders that can't catch redfish spend more time fishing for specks - Redchaser

Ruddy Duck

Re: The Chronicles of the Wooden Shoe- TR pg 11

Post by Ruddy Duck » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:02 am

An old friend and I used to duck hunt every Christmas Eve. I remember the mild anxiety of not knowing if we would make it back for family traditions. We always did. And we always had big fun.

Sadly, the tradition died and until I read this, the memory died as well. Have to reach out to an old friend now.