Advice needed: cure for the Crabs....Joe has the crabs too...pg2

Got something to sell? Need a job? Post your for sale ads and resumes here. IMPORTANT: this forum for non-professional posts. If you are a professional organization and would like to post your ad here, please contact us at info@drakemag.com.
LTFI

Re: Advice needed: cure for the Crabs....Joe has the crabs too...pg2

Post by LTFI » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:05 am

tenner.

Drinking and drakeing :coffee

mitch aka 2 fish
Location: a big sincere thank you to all of you who still participate, I'm still here, every single day.

Post by mitch aka 2 fish » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:32 am

snap.

jrinking and reading nolte whilst I wait for the boxer.

boxette?
I owe meself a fiver.
hey! everyone entitled owns a right opinion, buddy.

Lando

Post by Lando » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:13 am

-G- wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:00 pm
That pad thai has me foaming at the mouth, dang
I have had Joe's Pad Thai, and believe me....... :cheer
If my tombstone reads, "He never ate sushi." it won't be a lie, and I'll be OK with that.

~Average Joe

Average Joe
Location: Where they rip out the trees and name streets after them.

Post by Average Joe » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:16 pm

Last week I got a text from cornholio inviting me out for what I thought would be a day on the delta.

He’s back to working full time now and can only make it out on weekends, so we tentatively planned a Saturday outing, depending on the weather.

He contacted me on Friday and told me where he wanted to meet, and it wasn’t until I Googled the spot that I realized we weren’t going bass fishing. We were going crabbing.

At 3:15 on Saturday morning my wife nudged me awake, and after getting dressed and loading the truck I hit the road.

Roughly three miles out from our designated meeting place I started seeing skunks cavorting on the side of the road. Lots of them. One of these skunk decided that the highway I was traveling on had been put there for his use. This proved unfortunate. For both of us.

I arrived at the boat launch at 5:30 AM and immediately fired up a cigar, cracked a beer, and took a walk down the pier and away from my truck.

The air was still, and with sunrise still well beyond the horizon I stood on the edge of the continent and let the vastness of a black Pacific Ocean put me in my proper place.

Not long afterwards I heard the rumble of an engine and the rattle of a trailer, and so I walked back to the cooler and cracked two more beers: one for me, and one for cornholio.

I hadn’t seen him since November, so we spent the next thirty minutes catching up.

The crabs could wait.

It was still dark when we launched the boat, and out on the water we wore headlamps while baiting the pots with a combination of Asian market chicken and frozen squid.

After dropping the last trap, we motored back and hauled up the first.

Crab season opens in November, and the area we were fishing gets a lot of pressure, so I wasn’t optimistic about pulling anything up other than the bait, but cornholio knows this area well. He was very specific about where we dropped the pots, and it made all the difference in our success rate.

We quickly had twelve in the well, after which he said, “Time for breakfast. How about some egg rolls?”

“Fuck yeah!”

I’ve been eating egg rolls all my life, in more restaurants than I can count, and I can say with all certainty that cornholio makes the best goddamn egg rolls I’ve ever tasted.

We motored in and tied up the boat. Cornholio set up a gas grill on his tailgate and moments later he was frying up egg rolls.

The once empty parking lot was now nearly full of trucks and trailers, and a skinny young guy walked by and asked us how we were doing.

“We picked up a couple,” cornholio replied. “You want an egg roll?”

The guy was about to come over and take one but then stopped and said, “I can’t. My girlfriend and I are on the Keto diet.”

“What the fuck is that?”

“No carbs. No…. beer.”

I looked at him, shook my head and said, “Sucks to be you.”

Then I cracked a beer and stuffed another egg roll in my face and watched the guy walk away. Sad.

When I could eat no more, we went back out and started pulling pots. We quickly had our limit, so we hauled all the pots back up onto the boat, removed all the bait, and headed in.

Once the boat was on the trailer I set up my stove and cooked up an early lunch. After that we spent the next couple of hours drinking beers, smoking cigars, and taking in the remainder of a beautiful morning.

I always enjoy spending time with Cornholio, and before heading home we made plans to fish again next month.

Below are a few photos.
DSCF0524.JPG
DSCF0524.JPG (94.67 KiB) Viewed 382 times
DSCF0531.JPG
DSCF0531.JPG (90.79 KiB) Viewed 382 times
DSCF0539.JPG
DSCF0539.JPG (162.06 KiB) Viewed 382 times
DSCF0543.JPG
DSCF0543.JPG (181.34 KiB) Viewed 382 times
DSCF0544.JPG
DSCF0544.JPG (116.8 KiB) Viewed 382 times
DSCF0548.JPG
DSCF0548.JPG (255.14 KiB) Viewed 382 times
DSCF0553.JPG
DSCF0553.JPG (168.11 KiB) Viewed 382 times
DSCF0558.JPG
DSCF0558.JPG (93.66 KiB) Viewed 382 times
DSCF0560.JPG
DSCF0560.JPG (186.4 KiB) Viewed 382 times
Cheers boys.

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:45 pm

Nitrile gloves rule. Don't let the Austrian bust yer balls. Safety is no accident !

yard4sale

Post by yard4sale » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:47 pm

Its saying something when you go get a limit of fresh crabs and thats the third best food in the TR.

I can't stand Budweiser but for some reason its the perfect breakfast beer, especially with fried goods.
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

When your choices are between a pedophile religious zealot or a dem suddenly the pedophile religious zealot doesn't sound too bad. - PLOW

ironman

Post by ironman » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:53 pm

yard4sale wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:47 pm
Its saying something when you go get a limit of fresh crabs and thats the third best food in the TR.

I can't stand Budweiser but for some reason its the perfect breakfast beer, especially with fried goods.
There's something to be said for an ice cold Budweiser. Especially, becuase it usually means the company is superb.

WestCoast Warning: What's going on Fri Feb 8th, 9th, 10th? I've been asked to arrange another meeting in Orange Co....
"if you don't understand the perfect logic of this, then you may as well fuck right off Teh Suk" - Fatman

"I took a Japanese whaling approach to panfishing as a kid." - Boomin

Average Joe

Post by Average Joe » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:00 pm

SOBF wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:45 pm
Nitrile gloves rule. Don't let the Austrian bust yer balls. Safety is no accident !
If the gloves upset him, then this photo of the beautiful ashtray cornholio gave me for Christmas will push him right over the edge.

DSCF0561.JPG
DSCF0561.JPG (113.13 KiB) Viewed 351 times

He’ll be babbling like my father in no time.

“Who has my ashtray? Who took my scotch glass? Who nicked my weed? What WAS the name of that fucking president?”

mitch aka 2 fish
Location: a big sincere thank you to all of you who still participate, I'm still here, every single day.

Post by mitch aka 2 fish » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:42 pm

Average Joe wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:00 pm
What WAS the name of that fucking president?”
"well, anyway... whoever he was... he was a fucking asshole."
hey! everyone entitled owns a right opinion, buddy.

fly-chucker

Post by fly-chucker » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:34 pm

Lando wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:13 am
-G- wrote:
Come on and Z-axis that shit joe :cool
"The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits." -CC

"Get off the water you dumb asses…there is a shit storm coming." -Pancho Rancho

"Fucker compared my small stream trout weenie cast to an epileptic with Tourette’s Syndrome." -Carpe Tructa

rampant

Post by rampant » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:13 am

Good Shit Joe, & cornholio.
Cheers

Average Joe

Post by Average Joe » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:32 pm

fly-chucker wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:34 pm
Lando wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:13 am
-G- wrote:
Come on and Z-axis that shit joe :cool
If memory serves I already have, though I've made some adjustments to the recipe since then.

If skullilon decides to host the Rustbelt again in November and is willing to allow me the use of his kitchen, I'll be happy to make it there and provide copies of my latest recipe to any who are interested.