This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
This will inevitably be below a 4th grade level:
I've known about this study for a while. IDFG actually released this study just after researchers in Wisco published that gear makes no difference, but time out of water does. I'll pull that study out of my archives on Monday. I don't remember what file it's in. Meanwhile, Idaho was recently threatened with litigation because the recreational fishery impacts wild fish (fyi, there aren't many wild steelhead left in Idaho and "wilds" are hatchery mutts after decades of uncontrolled hatchery supplementation or that big adipose intact fish you catch is a hopeful broodstock fish they hope makes it through the fishery)
I don't take pictures of fish because obviously it hurts them. Kill them to eat them (take a picture if your like that), or let them go immediately. Studies be damned. If you take a fish out of water, it's obviously harming them. They're fish, they belong in water or on cast iron/grill. Personal opinion.
Try to justify your picture. Look into that fish's eyes. Do you understand that look? Bonk them or release them immediately.
mitch aka 2 fish wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:56 pm youse guys can't even write at a fourth grade level.
Since when do you have a northern accent?
since ive been takin him with to canada
eh
leaves again friday
this year hes gonna hit
no charge.....
stillsteamin wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:44 pm not Taking a fishing out of the water is just a good guide for people who have no common sense. For that purpose it’s fine. I just hate the people who get all uppity about it. If you’re truly that concerned with the fish’s survival, don’t hook it in the first place. Like my 6th grade health teacher said, the only safe sex is butt sex. Or some shit.
This. Be sensible, respect your quarry, but if it's that fucking big of a dilemma for you, don't stab them in the face and drag them around in the fist place. For fly fishermen to act animal activist is really a stretch considering the menagerie of dead animals that fills our fly boxes. Keep 'em wet is what I was always told about sex "don't touch anything we with anything dry"....
Redchaser wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:36 am
stillsteamin wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:44 pm not Taking a fishing out of the water is just a good guide for people who have no common sense. For that purpose it’s fine. I just hate the people who get all uppity about it. If you’re truly that concerned with the fish’s survival, don’t hook it in the first place. Like my 6th grade health teacher said, the only safe sex is butt sex. Or some shit.
This. Be sensible, respect your quarry, but if it's that fucking big of a dilemma for you, don't stab them in the face and drag them around in the fist place. For fly fishermen to act animal activist is really a stretch considering the menagerie of dead animals that fills our fly boxes. Keep 'em wet is what I was always told about sex "don't touch anything we with anything dry"....
can you let a coon eat em? asking for a friend :wink
“Fish-catching” research always makes me laugh. Not the research itself but more everyone taking their controlled study and applying it directly to actual fishing circumstances like it’s a vacuum of relatable certainties.

In this study they’re removing fish out of the water, gently lifting and simply holding out of water for a specified time. In real-life, they’re handled in boats, dropped, put in a bunch of awkward positions on the rocks, kept in the muddy water you stirred up, etc. Obvious things for everyone on this board. Not for whatever’s going on on social media these deys. Pretty sure people who take link titles like this literally share the article about how vaccines cause autism next.

High horse for sale, 25 sepps OBO
Winter steelhead fly swap 2019

Bump FFS

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Red Headed Kate McLaren Muddler https://liv[…]

A Confession

That is so funny......his suits are more offensive[…]

whatcha tying?

Fokker...rooibaard

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine