This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
-G- wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:01 am “Fish-catching” research always makes me laugh. Not the research itself but more everyone taking their controlled study and applying it directly to actual fishing circumstances like it’s a vacuum of relatable certainties.

In this study they’re removing fish out of the water, gently lifting and simply holding out of water for a specified time. In real-life, they’re handled in boats, dropped, put in a bunch of awkward positions on the rocks, kept in the muddy water you stirred up, etc. Obvious things for everyone on this board. Not for whatever’s going on on social media these deys. Pretty sure people who take link titles like this literally share the article about how vaccines cause autism next.

High horse for sale, 25 sepps OBO

Yup yup...

Given you an extra 25 to make that horse higher still...best to be where the air is thin and enjoy a cheap high with me.

Read T. Nagel “what it’s like to think like a bat...” or a fish for that matter...batshit crazy hey?
That’s why I don’t fish any longer...vaccines help the aurtistics.
Last edited by CC Riebeeck on Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
-G- wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:01 am “Fish-catching” research always makes me laugh. Not the research itself but more everyone taking their controlled study and applying it directly to actual fishing circumstances like it’s a vacuum of relatable certainties.

In this study they’re removing fish out of the water, gently lifting and simply holding out of water for a specified time. In real-life, they’re handled in boats, dropped, put in a bunch of awkward positions on the rocks, kept in the muddy water you stirred up, etc. Obvious things for everyone on this board. Not for whatever’s going on on social media these deys. Pretty sure people who take link titles like this literally share the article about how vaccines cause autism next.

High horse for sale, 25 sepps OBO
shutup nerd
fly-chucker wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:35 am
Redchaser wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:36 am
stillsteamin wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:44 pm not Taking a fishing out of the water is just a good guide for people who have no common sense. For that purpose it’s fine. I just hate the people who get all uppity about it. If you’re truly that concerned with the fish’s survival, don’t hook it in the first place. Like my 6th grade health teacher said, the only safe sex is butt sex. Or some shit.
This. Be sensible, respect your quarry, but if it's that fucking big of a dilemma for you, don't stab them in the face and drag them around in the fist place. For fly fishermen to act animal activist is really a stretch considering the menagerie of dead animals that fills our fly boxes. Keep 'em wet is what I was always told about sex "don't touch anything we with anything dry"....
can you let a coon eat em? asking for a friend :wink
Fuck that hotspotting bitch and her IGFA record quest. She does however have (or used to) a Huge Fly Fisherman Sticker.
She helped me launch the boat while all my friends blew a carpetbagger.

With that said, he is the nicest carpetbagger to cross state lines and is always welcome in Lowsyanna.

One time the toll booth operator looked at my boat with the funny looking motor shade and asked if I was from Texas. She wasn't kidding. I hate her.

Regardless, I don't care for the IGFA one bit.
LA Fly Guy wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:13 am
fly-chucker wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:35 am
Redchaser wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:36 am

This. Be sensible, respect your quarry, but if it's that fucking big of a dilemma for you, don't stab them in the face and drag them around in the fist place. For fly fishermen to act animal activist is really a stretch considering the menagerie of dead animals that fills our fly boxes. Keep 'em wet is what I was always told about sex "don't touch anything we with anything dry"....
can you let a coon eat em? asking for a friend :wink
Fuck that hotspotting bitch and her IGFA record quest. She does however have (or used to) a Huge Fly Fisherman Sticker.
We had one at the AK lodge several years back, initials MM, who wouldn’t shut up about IGFA salt records from the time she stepped onto our dock. I twas spotting fish from the opposite bank one day so she could get footage of catching a big rainbow outta close quarters, and kept roll casting her fly into the tree 10’ above her. Adam, her guide was coaching her and she INSISTED he not do any teaching as it makes her loose credibility on film.

No big rainbow trout were caught that day to say the least. And that is when she stopped bragging about her IGFA salt records to a bunch of crusty guides that never gave a shit in the first place.
Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Golden Olive Bumble Hog https://live.staticf[…]

Widespread Panic SUCKS

Wait for 10... Alvin Lee could abide

Thats just good clean fun. I need to go do that ag[…]

Peeing off the porch....TR

Proper! :cool

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine