Science says: Go ahead and take that fish photo

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
LA Fly Guy

Re: Science says: Go ahead and take that fish photo

Post by LA Fly Guy » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:00 am

-G- wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:06 am
LA Fly Guy wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:13 am
fly-chucker wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:35 am

can you let a coon eat em? asking for a friend :wink
Fuck that hotspotting bitch and her IGFA record quest. She does however have (or used to) a Huge Fly Fisherman Sticker.
We had one at the AK lodge several years back, initials MM, who wouldn’t shut up about IGFA salt records from the time she stepped onto our dock. I twas spotting fish from the opposite bank one day so she could get footage of catching a big rainbow outta close quarters, and kept roll casting her fly into the tree 10’ above her. Adam, her guide was coaching her and she INSISTED he not do any teaching as it makes her loose credibility on film.

No big rainbow trout were caught that day to say the least. And that is when she stopped bragging about her IGFA salt records to a bunch of crusty guides that never gave a shit in the first place.
Yep, same bitch. This year she was going after the 8 lb and 4 lb records. :wink It was kinda funny when the USPS temporarily lost her shipment with the leader/tippet/fly to IGFA.

Although she did surprise me how well she tied Ruddy Duck's skiff up to the edge of the dock at the launch.

I bet the raccoon was just trying to steal the redfish to trade it back to her for fried chicken. That raccoon is a fried chicken eating machine.

... there are two kind of anglers, sight fishermen and the rest of you. If you don't see it first, it doesn't count. - Long Haired Dave

Bait fishermen and flatlanders that can't catch redfish spend more time fishing for specks - Redchaser

-G-

Post by -G- » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:49 pm

LA Fly Guy wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:00 am
-G- wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:06 am
LA Fly Guy wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:13 am

Fuck that hotspotting bitch and her IGFA record quest. She does however have (or used to) a Huge Fly Fisherman Sticker.
We had one at the AK lodge several years back, initials MM, who wouldn’t shut up about IGFA salt records from the time she stepped onto our dock. I twas spotting fish from the opposite bank one day so she could get footage of catching a big rainbow outta close quarters, and kept roll casting her fly into the tree 10’ above her. Adam, her guide was coaching her and she INSISTED he not do any teaching as it makes her loose credibility on film.

No big rainbow trout were caught that day to say the least. And that is when she stopped bragging about her IGFA salt records to a bunch of crusty guides that never gave a shit in the first place.
Yep, same bitch. This year she was going after the 8 lb and 4 lb records. :wink It was kinda funny when the USPS temporarily lost her shipment with the leader/tippet/fly to IGFA.

Although she did surprise me how well she tied Ruddy Duck's skiff up to the edge of the dock at the launch.

I bet the raccoon was just trying to steal the redfish to trade it back to her for fried chicken. That raccoon is a fried chicken eating machine.

Haha man, funny to hear our opinions are shared by others as well... and I thought we were the assholes this whole time.
Maybe we haven't drank enough Busch- Nolan

mendthatshit87

Post by mendthatshit87 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:06 pm

First, "keepemwet" isn't some bogus hippy bullshit. It's using social media as a way of spreading awareness and keeping post-release survival to a maximum, especially to a younger more impressionable audience. Hero shots fucking suck anyway. Go take them on a polaroid and staple them to your local bars urinal, then head home and whack off to pictures of Catherine Bach with a perm.

Second, I don't understand the consensus of "if they don't want to hurt fish, don't catch them" ? If this statement were actually taken literally and practiced, shouldn't we just keep every fish we catch and never release an animal? Like I stated earlier, the purpose of gamefish stress physiology research in response to hook and line angling is to understand the drivers and mechanics that limit post-release survival.

Third, I read this paper when it came out. I'm a bit skeptical of these findings. I can put forth several research publications that conclude air exposure is the most detrimental factor in the post-release survival of several gamefish species. Moreso than other factors such as dissolved oxygen, and water temperature. For instance, 15 seconds of air exposure on bonefish limits post release survival by 50%. The fact that they just caught fish, held them out of the water and essentially did a mark-recapture study doesn't reveal much about the stress of angling nor air exposure on these fish. What I would prefer to see would be a series of reflex impairment tests (aka RAMP scores) or a blood sample to evaluate lactic acid and glucose (very simple and inexpensive in-situ).

Rant over.
Last edited by mendthatshit87 on Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"......what evil lurks in the hearts of Drake."

421sd

Post by 421sd » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:39 pm

One of the trout I caught last time out air-exposed itself 6 or 7 times and belly-smacked itself back into the water every time. Crazy little fukker.

mitch aka 2 fish
Location: a big sincere thank you to all of you who still participate, I'm still here, every single day.

Post by mitch aka 2 fish » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:00 pm

from now on I'm killing everything.
in six months I will have my zombie army. and then youse'll be fucked.
hey! everyone entitled owns a right opinion, buddy.

fatman

Post by fatman » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:44 pm

mendthatshit87 wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:06 pm
whack off to pictures of Catherine Bach with a perm.
I'll be back in 5 2 1 minute.... :smile
My drinkin' days are over; I'm still trouble bound - Slaid Cleaves

"This place is so fucked up. Where else could you find a thread with a Debbie Gibson song, a chapter from Fyodor Dostoevsky, and a sweet under boob pic like that on the same page?" - Hogleg

"You may not be smart, but your car gets good gas mileage". - Stovetop

mitch aka 2 fish
Location: a big sincere thank you to all of you who still participate, I'm still here, every single day.

Post by mitch aka 2 fish » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:19 pm

catherine... not sebastian.
hey! everyone entitled owns a right opinion, buddy.

-G-

Post by -G- » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:21 pm

stillsteamin wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:37 pm

shutup nerd
What she said

stillsteamin

Post by stillsteamin » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:59 pm

pqaAABa.jpg
pqaAABa.jpg (56.14 KiB) Viewed 201 times
#keepemfluffy
I still like to explore new water, but these holes and drifts and slots are like the books and records I have carried around for decades. They are not only places of affection - they are the fabric of my life. - Doug Rose

-G-

Post by -G- » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:24 am

While I have the time, I’d also prefer if mendthatshit would post all of his thoughts In the Star Wars font over his unbantido picture, like so.

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:12 am

Haha

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:21 am

Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:12 am
Haha
Perhaps Heero should post his excellent fish handling video....agan....(sorry dude, it's just too easy)
Last edited by Redchaser on Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing