This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By The Po Thead
One month a year. OK, maybe 6 weeks.

That's about all the time you'll have chasing wild steelhead in northern Southeast Alaska.

The anticipation after waiting all winter is immense. So many flies that were tied and beads that were painted. The countless hours spent on Google Earth and ArcGIS planning your season. Each year there are so many plans of new places to explore, new streams to fish. The steelhead season starts so promising, yet you can watch the sand slip between your fingers, and the time continues to run out. There's a nagging feeling that you still never got to everything on your list.

One way or another, you'd better make the most of it.

Late April was snowy and cold, and I took my new fishing buddy to on a hike to my favorite road system stream.

She got a little wet and cold.

After hiking a few miles we arrived on the creek, and the otters had already been to the fishing hole...

So we wandered up stream to another pool, and found some friends.

Next weekend, we took the skiff to Brown Bear Island.

We followed the trappers trail,

Past all the Devils Club.

Then found some fish.

MURICA

We made a little time and got out to the family cabin. And with the nice weather, checked out another stream on the to-do list.

And of course while setting pots for dungeness, we catch king crab we can't keep...

But we managed to find some keeper crabs and have a low country boil at high latitudes while at the cabin.

With the steelhead season ending, it's time to start chasing sea run char in the salt.

To next spring, and another SE AK steelhead season in the books!
By McH
I always look forward to seeing your spring TRs.

Nicely done Man!
:cool
By FredA
Damn. Thanks for taking us along. That looks like an amazing place.

But why do they only eat the heads??
By fatman
damn fine.... :smile
By K_P
peetso wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:11 am this small stream steelhead fishing, will be haunting my daydreams for some time now. . .
This.

So much this.
Attitude

There’s no wrong feeling when it comes to su[…]

Bitching Room Muzak

https://youtu.be/FssULNGSZIA This was so cool[…]

Luau 2020

I head home Wednesday....let me know if you want t[…]

Roughfish swap (Heero backed out)

Bump...carpflies CD9A0B67-3E43-4D8B-88C5-A11CA9D[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine