This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:21 pm Are you starting a flock of homers, or are these just barn pigeons?
Just some feral barn pigeons.

I might maybe start thinking about starting some homers next year.

I end up getting a couple flightless juveniles in the bunch. Not sure what the hell to do with them.
peetso wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:51 pm
Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:21 pm Are you starting a flock of homers, or are these just barn pigeons?
Just some feral barn pigeons.

I might maybe start thinking about starting some homers next year.

I end up getting a couple flightless juveniles in the bunch. Not sure what the hell to do with them.
https://www.google.com/search?q=squab+r ... e&ie=UTF-8
Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:04 pm
peetso wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:51 pm
https://www.google.com/search?q=squab+r ... e&ie=UTF-8
I remember reading Rinella's The Scavenger's Guide to Haute Cuisine and found the section on squab to be quite entertaining.

But i'm not sure I can imagine eating one these ugly dirty buggers now.

There's a large Francophone community around here, maybe one of the mémère around here would like them for a traditional tourtière
I released 25 of my homing pigeons yesterday morning about 35 miles from the house. Typically, they make it home right away within a few minutes of me being back even with the road being mostly 70mph all the way home.

They didnt come back. At least not right away.

Singles trickled in yesterday and are trickling in today. 9 yesterday and 3 so far today. Something broke up the flock.

The only thing I can think is that the flock flew over some bird hunters who shot into it. I have been out with guys in the past that do this - any pigeon that flies by gets shot at. I always shake my head and leave it be, but going forward I will talk to them and if my words fall of deaf ears I will consider them dead to me. I cant think of anything else that would break up the flock like that - even a bird of prey wouldnt break it up so badly. I cant be certain.

So much effort and time into care and training. I hope at least a few more come back. My falcon training has to be modified now. I have enough to 'make it work', but not enough to fly them how I want to fly them. Game situation has been pretty good thus far this season and if it continues then I am gunna be ok.

Really bummed and feeling pretty sorry for myself.
Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:25 am I have been out with guys in the past that do this - any pigeon that flies by gets shot at.
Are you friends with these turds or are they just the type of dudes one tends to be unfortunate enough to meet from time to time through friends of friends? I kill lots of shit but can't abide people killing shit just to kill shit. It's one of those things that tends to speak to the broader personality of people.

Nice. This was always a good trip. Ill probably […]

Shakedown: TR

I have to come up your way to Libby in a couple mo[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

BSSBH (variation) https://live.staticflickr.[…]

deliberate fuel

very excellent, thank you. you find the right word[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine