This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Heero[CntRmbrPwd]
I will counter your chunker skis with my skinny skis.
E705771B-D4CE-4641-B0D5-9EF7A5944B2D.jpeg
E705771B-D4CE-4641-B0D5-9EF7A5944B2D.jpeg (111.19 KiB) Viewed 546 times
93F0CB15-79B4-4015-8878-72FEDF59E019.jpeg
93F0CB15-79B4-4015-8878-72FEDF59E019.jpeg (94.97 KiB) Viewed 546 times
19A909AD-D6A1-4F1C-82D3-B5322D1ED1FC.jpeg
19A909AD-D6A1-4F1C-82D3-B5322D1ED1FC.jpeg (94.28 KiB) Viewed 546 times
D93522E5-2DD0-43AB-9968-161D8A2B8435.jpeg
D93522E5-2DD0-43AB-9968-161D8A2B8435.jpeg (114.27 KiB) Viewed 546 times
By Lando
Wanna meet at Fishing Bridge one afternoon? I would take a snowmobile in to meet you, or course.

Dibbs, love the Beaver shot. That was my home mountain in college.

Steamin.......fuck Montana. Coming to Wyoming this year? Dibs and Joe said it is a lady friendly event this year.......
By LA Fly Guy
Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:14 am One thing I dont understand about a lot of jig nymphs is that people seem to put the wing case on the wrong side of the fly - it is on the 'top' of the hook like a regular nymph but with a jig hook the point should ride up so they basically tied a nymph that is going to drift upside down. Am I missing something or are these people just dumb?
I've wondered and asked jig nymphers the same thing. I never got a good answer.
By The Wandering Blues
Waiting for that buddy that wants “one last cast.....”
48B6F002-9576-49DC-924D-5863494A9D7F.jpeg
48B6F002-9576-49DC-924D-5863494A9D7F.jpeg (125.56 KiB) Viewed 491 times
By Heero[CntRmbrPwd]
Lando wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:41 am Wanna meet at Fishing Bridge one afternoon? I would take a snowmobile in to meet you, or course.

Steamin.......fuck Montana. Coming to Wyoming this year? Dibs and Joe said it is a lady friendly event this year.......
I am thinking about doing some skinny skiing near Red Lodge tomorrow then having some tacos.

I dont know what the snow situation is like over there, tho, so it might end up just a walk. Pretty dire this year thus far.
By stillsteamin
Lando wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:41 am Wanna meet at Fishing Bridge one afternoon? I would take a snowmobile in to meet you, or course.

Been thinking i ought to make it to the luau this year. It is the year of the whitefish after all.
By fishskibum

it puts that here and am savin a masked beav sticker 4 u
chixs rule
will the better 1/2 o hagen be attending?
above the valley haze cheers
By Lando
stillsteamin wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:53 am If youve any water left by July that is...
There is always water to fish, just might not be able to float all the usual spots. We can take boats to lakes, hike the high country (Hang with Heero, we call it...), or fish the camp run all day. Poopfish, smallmouth, and crappie love the hot weather...but if you need a trout, cutts are just a little walk into grizz country. Fish early and late....eat and drink a lot. Who knows, maybe this year we will make it to the museum, rodeo, or all of the other plans that have fallen through in year’s past.
By DeShootnestGent'man
stillsteamin wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:06 pm
Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:32 pm Squirmy worms are the hotness out here. Walk down the Gallatin or Madison and see 3 out of every 4 fishers fishing a double nymph rig with one of the flies a squirmy worm and the other a frenchie or similar if euro nymphing or a rubber leg or similar if bobber nymphing.
Madison relates: One time me, Bear, and fuckin Travis were getting back to our car parked along a well-known Montana crick, in bad need of some shade and a drink, when a guy in a Jeep slammed on his brakes to blow Cherry Middleton smoke in our faces and tell us that we ought to have been over on the Madison snap jigging the buckets. So we stood there, in bad need of some shade and a drink, getting Cherry Middleton smoke blown in our faces, being told that we ought to have been over on the Madison snap jigging the buckets because that day on the crick he'd only caught two 14 inch fish and one 15 inch fish. Over on the Madison, he said, blowing Cherry Middleton smoke in Bear's face, if you snap jigged the buckets it wasn't uncommon to have a day with at LEAST five fish over 15 inches, two over 17, and probably one over 19. Then he blew Cherry Middleton smoke in fuckin Travis's face and said that was because the Madison had 2,000 more fish per mile than the crick, and many more buckets. A lot of people know the Madison has 2,000 more fish per mile than the crick and many more buckets, but many of those people don't know that the key to landing at LEAST five fish over 15 inches, two over 17, and probably one over 19 on the Madison was snap jigging the buckets, he said, blowing Cherry Middleton smoke in my face. It was a revelation for me, the fact that someone could smoke an entire Cherry Middleton without stopping to take a breath. Smoke ran out of his nose like the lid vent on a charcoal grill and every time he said "Snap" it would puff out with a little more force. I finally curled into the fetal position and played dead. Even after it went silent I stayed still in case he was nearby, waiting. By the time I gathered the courage to move he'd vanished, though a cloud of Cherry Middleton smoke still hung over the shoulder of the road. Bear climbed down from a nearby tree, and Travis crawled out from under the car. In silence we collected our things from where we'd thrown them. A single drop of blood leaked out of Travis's ear and down the side of his face. Bear had obviously been crying. We were still in bad need of some shade and a drink.

"We should kill him," fuckin Travis said resolutely, staring off down the road.

"For God and country," Bear agreed. But I suspected he was already dead and said so.

"Then let's kill him again," fuckin Travis pleaded.

"For God and country," Bear agreed. But I didn't want to spend a fine August afternoon killing someone who was already dead, and said so.

I still haven't been back to the Madison. I got as far as Virginia City once before I thought I smelled Cherry Middleton smoke and spooked back west. The Madison River valley is beautiful, but I don't think I'll ever work up the nerve to see it again. There's a dead man up there somewhere, just walking around like you or me.
Steamin',

If you don't already, you need to write more - this was an outstanding little bit of humor.

Cheers,

DSG
By fly-chucker
I know it's not Friday, but it looks like Uncle Meatwad has made it through to the other side
meatwad.jpg
meatwad.jpg (21.66 KiB) Viewed 62 times
:cool
Well sh!t, Panama...

BTW, don't hire boat boys. Surely, there must […]

Intro

I’d also like to put in a request that jos[…]

2021 Smalljaw Swap

Do you know where I live? Who I am? WTF is pumpe[…]

whatcha tying?

DDC59DB3-2C89-462E-916C-0BA91C6171A4.jpeg Fuc[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine