This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Nemeth
Someday Peetso, you and I will Grouse hunt together.

Outstanding as always. :cool
By peetso

What started out as a run in open country turned into a quest for The Northern Grouse triple crown.

The dog bust his ass for his first sharpie, he put in a crazy amount of miles and didn't let my shit shooting deter from trying to find us another one. Lucked into a spruce hen, and with that we set about the task of getting ourselves a ruffie for the rest of the afternoon. Went 0 for 5 before finally getting one to fall in early evening.

There's only a few places in the world you can put a mixed bag like this together . . . I'm lucky to live in one of them.

:cool :cool :cool
By peetso
Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:38 pm Looks like he is figuring it out!
We’ve been blessed with lots of birds this year. So it’s been easy to keep moving forward after our (mostly mine) mistakes.

Lately he’s been slowing down, stalking and soft footing, when he knows we’re in and around birds. That’s leading to less bumped birds and it’s heartening to see.
By Heero[CntRmbrPwd]
Thats good.

It is kindve the opposite down here: very few birds in my area this year! Not prairie birds (sage grouse, sharptail, and huns)., anyway. By all reports the mountain grouse numbers (ruffeds and blues) are very high, but I dont really hunt them - tho, I did ground sluice a couple ruffed grouse behind my house on my property a couple days, first year in 3 I have had grouse behind the house (I wont shoot any more of them back there, but they taste good). I lucked out with a lot of birds last season so my young one got the experience she needed
peetso wrote:Lately he’s been slowing down, stalking and soft footing, when he knows we’re in and around birds. That’s leading to less bumped birds and it’s heartening to see.
Flushing dog thing, youve taught him well.

The pointing dog thing is to run 5000000 miles an hour to the ends of the earth then just then stop on a dime and hold til the end of time when they are sure!
By B.M. Barrelcooker
What’s the ducks looking like up that way peetso?

We are expecting a tough year.
By Eider
Good dog, nice country. My early season has not gone nearly as well. My beast is also not nearly as photogenic with birds. Or ever. I hope you post more. :cool
By peetso
B.M. Barrelcooker wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:44 pm What’s the ducks looking like up that way peetso?

We are expecting a tough year.
Well my unscientific observation is that there is less around this year than years before. Goose numbers seem close to the same though.
A debt owed... belated payment...

epic

The return of Stolen Hours

Day 4 #114 Driver and I got down to the dock just[…]

Southeast Alaska Blacktails - TR

Far out man! How many tags are you allowed up t[…]

Not my circus, not my monkey- but a worthwhile cau[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine