Classic Monikers For Fly Fishing Forums

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
WT

Classic Monikers For Fly Fishing Forums

Post by WT » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:10 pm

Call them what you want; monikers, handles, screen names they are little identities that we give ourselves when we register onto a new bulletin board. Some of us come up with something original, others use the names of their favorite fly or fish. Some people even use their real names.n I've been to a few of these forums over the past couple years and I've noticed that every one of them has a "caddis-madness," "caddisguy," "caddiscrazy," Capt Caddis" The "caddis" franchise is alive and well. "Stonefly" and its many incarntions are popular too.n There are also the fish guys. "Cutthroat" is a popular moniker. So is "chromer" and "wahoo" come to mind. and then there's the steelhead guys, "Steelworker" and "Steely-addict."n Don't forget "Flyguy" and his pals "Stimmy" and "Adams."n Classics or cliches? I'm not sure but I do know that this board or any other would not be complete without a [/img]r Muddler."n My morning musing,n WT

Bearmon

Re: Classic Monikers For Fly Fishing Forums

Post by Bearmon » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:29 pm

Yeah, but I'm still waitin' on Benjo to come back with Green Weenie from havin his head "stuck" in the fence.
:roll:
" I''m the CEO of the mailroom clerks, good God Almighty I''m a piece of work"n J. Buffett

Dave R.

Post by Dave R. » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:06 pm

Yeah, but I'm still waitin' on Benjo to come back with Green Weenie from havin his head "stuck" in the fence.
:eek:

Adams

Post by Adams » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:24 pm

I went with the cliche. But its my name. Adams (ok Adam S.) is my real name, so its not much of a stretch. But really, who gives a rats ass about what you call yourself on an internet board?Adams
If you need a reason to drink, you have a problem. . .

"I just think it's funny that the one constant in this place over the past five years is that it was a cool place right up until the next person joined." nemo

When life gives you limes, it's Gods way of telling you that you're an idiot. spudnik

banknote

Post by banknote » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:44 pm

Originally posted by Adams:n I went with the cliche. But its my name. Adams (ok Adam S.) is my real name, so its not much of a stretch. But really, who gives a rats ass about what you call yourself on an internet board?Adams
Lucky you. I have to live with the acronym for Erectile Disfunction.
:o
Dude, roller.

Salty

Post by Salty » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:45 pm

That's about as bad a living with the acronym for the name Veronica Dillon
Ryan

http://busterwantstofish.com

"a complete lack on intellectual curiosity, and a sense of humor that make beavis and butthead look like NPR commentators" Fyshnutz

bigtj

Post by bigtj » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:52 pm

Adams,I don't think anyone gives a rats ass unless you pick some riduculously idiotic name such as "throat yogurt" or "colon cowboy" or "benjo". Then people start scratching their heads. I think Adams is a solid choice, and in context, shouldn't be considered a cliche. Don't worry you're fine.-John

<small>[ January 05, 2006, 07:55 PM: Message edited by: bigtj ]</small>

WT

Post by WT » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:10 pm

Acronyms are tough, some people think that WT stands for White Trash.n WT

banknote

Post by banknote » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:24 pm

It's obvious to me what WT stands for:
Dude, roller.

Rusty Hook

Post by Rusty Hook » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:07 pm

Originally posted by bigtj:n Adams,I don't think anyone gives a rats ass unless you pick some riduculously idiotic name such as "throat yogurt" or "colon cowboy" or "benjo". Then people start scratching their heads. I think Adams is a solid choice, and in context, shouldn't be considered a cliche. Don't worry you're fine.-John
And at least you're not a tetanus carrier...
The virtues are lost in self-interest as rivers are lost in the sea.
-- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Adams

Post by Adams » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:08 pm

Originally posted by Rusty Hook:n And at least you're not a tetanus carrier...
Tetanus beats hepatitis (but contracting hepatitis can be more fun).Adams

"I just think it's funny that the one constant in this place over the past five years is that it was a cool place right up until the next person joined." nemo

When life gives you limes, it's Gods way of telling you that you're an idiot. spudnik

Adams

Post by Adams » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:12 pm

Originally posted by Ed:n Lucky you. I have to live with the acronym for Erectile Disfunction.
:o
At least you only suffer the acronymn, right?