MP3 advice

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
wrh

MP3 advice

Post by wrh » Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:07 pm

So the holidays are all over, thank god. Now wife and I want to get each other an MP3. Being new to this arena I was looking for some input from the Drakian universe.So far I have narrowed it down to these 3 roughly in this order. I want ease of use and ease of loading songs from our collection onto and using in car etc. We have songs stored in MP3 format on Itunes and availble via WIndows Media center. So iether mode is viable for us. 1) Creative Zen V plus 4GBn 2) SanDisk sansa e270 6GB n neg sound quality, buttonsn 3)Ipod nano 4 gB n neg tied to apple, batt life I have gotten some input from others but want to know if any of you have experience with these players. Thanks in advance.

woolly bugger

Re: MP3 advice

Post by woolly bugger » Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:33 pm

go for the nano, rip you CD's to iTunes and your good. No need to buy DRM crap from Apple.Ipod's have the easiest navigation.Replacement batteries are only $17 http://www.duralast-battery.com/Scripts ... product=22n I just replaced two mini batteries, took less than 15 minutes to do both!Have no fear of apple gear.
Buy Mexico Returns

ex "I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!"
me "There's a season???"

I wish there were more people here that put up the type of quality shit you do. Been feeshn' lately? - Ryan

creeklover

Post by creeklover » Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:48 pm

Originally posted by woolly bugger:n go for the nano, rip you CD's to iTunes and your good. No need to buy DRM crap from Apple.Ipod's have the easiest navigation.Replacement batteries are only $17 http://www.duralast-battery.com/Scripts ... product=22 n I just replaced two mini batteries, took less than 15 minutes to do both!Have no fear of apple gear.
Yep. Very user friendly. I have two ipods and love them.
"''nut, i''d resize but i''m far too busy catching the fuck outta steelhead" - b_t_fry

http://busterwantstofish.com/

nlights

Post by nlights » Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:58 pm

no question ipoop is the way to goI had a creative before buying ipod, a different model than you are looking at; hated ithorrible navigaton on the creative, and the firmware sucked as far as getting upgrades to fix problems.good luck
As panic grabbed my legs, you know it, pulled me in.

GSP_Phe

Post by GSP_Phe » Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:36 am

I like my first generation 1g nano. The 4g would be the way to go.

HDW

Post by HDW » Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:09 am

woolly bugger

Post by woolly bugger » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:33 am

Of course you should consider the top of the line 80 GB for $340 and then you can store all of your photos and 10 gazillion songs and still have room for some pie ;) Image
Buy Mexico Returns

ex "I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!"
me "There's a season???"

I wish there were more people here that put up the type of quality shit you do. Been feeshn' lately? - Ryan

WT

Post by WT » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:37 am

i-pod.

troutjedi

Post by troutjedi » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:43 am

Nice B&P & FP, Woolly.....way to sneak it in under the radar. Looks like you may have escaped the Drakian blanket party.....for now :)
I got a whole warehouse full of peas in my head.

Smithhammer

Post by Smithhammer » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:47 am

wrh - it's smart to put together a list of options, do the homework and not rush into any impulse purchases. But what are #1 and #2?
"I expect more from the man who gave us all boobies and pie..." - epon

Buster Wants to Fish

Mouthful of Feathers

fyshnutz

Post by fyshnutz » Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:56 pm

wooly, smooth move & welcome to the suck.Now what was the question? oh yeah, simple -> IPod.
we''re gonna get thingy flapped on dillweed and bunghole some donkey punches - ''fud

wrh

Post by wrh » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:16 pm

smithhammer#1 and #2 are non apple MP3 players that are highly rated.