By Lenny
Where is the leadership from this President? He seems to be someone who really likes the idea of being President, but doesnt have the first clue about how to be a leader. The Middle East is fixing to implode as is our economy, Japan is in turmoil, our border is a fukkin war zone, Somali pirates are runnin roughshod and oil is going thru the roof. Where is the guy?

Jeezus, show some goddam fortitude. We could really use it right now.

Guess his bracket pool and golfing are keeping him busy.

Id kill to have Clinton back after 2 years of wandering in the dark with BHO

fwiw, the Repubs arent offering anything either.
By VTNZ
The challenge politically, and of course its' politics, is that Barry Obambs knows that the tea bag revolution, while showing the signs of just being regular extreme right wingers and nothing truly new, is still pretty fresh. Many americans, including many of you R's who preach that we should not be getting involved around the world but rather taking care of our own; should be according to those words, NOT wanting us to go in to Libya, or put our troops/experts in danger in Japan....
So which is it? Are we the worlds policeman...or not? If Barry goes in to Libya with the fighter jets, the R's will accuse him over starting wars and racking up debt. If he doesn't go in, he's blamed for playing golf....
Simply put, the U.S. has been propping up dictators around the world to suit our national interests (percieved or otherwise). Reagan propped up a number of them in Central America....1000's died. Reagan also propped up Saddam and the U.S. completely allowed those famous wmd's to be used on either iranians or kurds. Plenty of Dem leadership supporting foreign dictators too....
So, why should we get involved in Libya? Or anywhere else over there? I don't want my tax $ going over there right now. In geo-political terms, the U.S. LOVES it when there is regional squabbling and internal strife. Know why? No one country can rule the roost and eventually challenge American power. That is why for example, Saudi Arabia (another dictatorship we ALWAYS support, and a country who just took their military into Bahrain to help their gov't squash dissention.) really does not want Iran to get nukes. And why Saudi supported us on Iraq....Saudi didn't want to deal with an egomaniac who could pull a kuwait on them. If they're busy squabbling in the middle east, no one will be a super regional power....simple as that.
And then you couple the simple fact that we don't have the $ and resources (the troops are pretty spent after 11 years of war), to even risk going into a large country like Libya, or Egypt,etc Maybe we would if we hadn't done the tour de Iraq....but what done is done. And whats Barry going to do about Japans nuke meltdown? Put his finger in the hole? Just like when he of all people, was blamed for BP not getting fixed fast enough.
I agree, its a clusterfuck out there, but we're damned if we do, damned if we don't; and to be fair I would not blame a repub if he was in office over this...unless they launched a war into Libya costing us lives and racking up our defecit to only benefit the defense and energy industry... :cool
By SOBF
Many americans, including many of you R's who preach that we should not be getting involved around the world but rather taking care of our own; should be according to those words, NOT wanting us to go in to Libya, or put our troops/experts in danger in Japan....
So which is it? Are we the worlds policeman...or not?
Stay the fuck out of Libya. Get the troops home from Iraq,Afghanistan,Korea,Germany, etc.....we can't afford to police the world nor should we.....
By steelrain202
Lenny wrote: Where is the guy?
playing golf?
By BigCliff
VTNZ wrote: I agree, its a clusterfuck out there, but we're damned if we do, damned if we don't; and to be fair I would not blame a repub if he was in office over this...unless they launched a war into Libya costing us lives and racking up our defecit to only benefit the defense and energy industry... :cool
Same here.

We need to look at recent history in regards to Libya.

Its got similarities to both Iraq and Afghanistan: like Iraq its ruled by an egomaniacal leader who kills his own people to maintain his grip on power, and like Afghaniztan its citizenry is made up of rival tribes and that power structure is much more important than any political parties.

Given our recent track records dealing with Muslim nations with those power structures in place, we better be awful damn careful before running in guns-a-blazin.
By Plow
You can call Obama a lot of things but leader isn't one of 'em. He's never shown leadership in his career and why would he start now?

Petty sad to see what's going on. A little no fly action would be cheap and good training for the Navy.
By Rusty Hook
It would also be an act of war, especially if it was done unilaterally. Your 'nice exercise' also gets a little messy if when one or more of our pilots are shot down.
By BigCliff
Plow wrote:You can call Obama a lot of things but leader isn't one of 'em. He's never shown leadership in his career and why would he start now?
I think its utter horseshit to say that a black guy with the name Hussein that got elected POTUS has never shown leadership.

But I know, I know, Fox told you so...
By Plow
Rusty Hook wrote:It would also be an act of war, especially if it was done unilaterally. Your 'nice exercise' also gets a little messy if when one or more of our pilots are shot down.
France and England stepped up, days if not weeks ago. Arab nations have express support. Obama needs to pick a side...or has he. Meanwhile Obama waded through a 64 team field to pick his final 4.
By m.b.
BigCliff wrote:
Plow wrote:I think its utter horseshit to say that a black guy with the name Hussein that got elected POTUS has never shown leadership.

examples??? what's he done that could be called good leadership?

obama has no clue what to do. that's why he's giving SOTU speeches about women's shit, gay-equality shit, and going out to play golf while the world deals with a massive natural disaster, a nuclear disaster, and a mid-east country on the verge of collapse. not to mention the ginormo debt he's saddled us with and zero budget passed.

nevermind, you're right - that's outstanding leadership.
By Muddled Duck
Here's to him playing more golf. :cool
By Plow
BigCliff wrote:
Plow wrote:You can call Obama a lot of things but leader isn't one of 'em. He's never shown leadership in his career and why would he start now?
I think its utter horseshit to say that a black guy with the name Hussein that got elected POTUS has never shown leadership.

But I know, I know, Fox told you so...
A fawning press and simpleton libs elected Obama. Duping is not leadership.

Give us some real examples and I'll stand correct. Voting present does not count BTW.

If Obama is your leader then bring your golf shoes 'cause that's where he's headed.

perhaps we need to revisit the paparazzi thread...

Winter steelhead fly swap 2019

but that's the fun part about this place

So I got to tinkering the other day... and calcu[…]

unlimited dead sh*t for Kyner thread

pits are nasty, especially that one. "they'r[…]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine