This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Lurgee
[report]If you like mellow, clean instrumental stuff check this. William Tyler "Modern Country". He is a solid guitar player that has made some of the best instrumental albums in recent years. He used to be in some good bands...Lambchop and with Steven Malkmus in the Silver Jews. This is quite different and he's joined by our buddy Phil Cook from Megafaun and Glen from Wilco.

And this new one made me feel old. Loved this band years and years ago...Big Star from Scotland. Great harmonies in their early stuff. Now they look like a bunch of marketing execs.

Old TF

[/report]
By 421sd
Lurgee wrote:[report]If you like mellow, clean instrumental stuff check this. William Tyler "Modern Country". He is a solid guitar player that has made some of the best instrumental albums in recent years.
Kind of has a Daniel Lanois feel to it.
By peetso
[report]

New album form Hamilton Leithauser + Rostam (Lead singer of the Walkmen + founding member of Vampire Weekend) drops today and the whole thing is all kinds of fantastic.[/report]
By fishskibum
was hopin to road trip for the telluride shows but it didn't happens

caught mr young for somewhere round my 20th show last night

dude defies age continues to call em as he sees em and produce what he wants

willies spawn and the potr were as solid as crazy horse

33:00ish for some new goods

YouTube link
By D-nymph
New Drive By Truckers record "American Band" came out on Friday.

You can stream it here:

http://www.npr.org/2016/09/22/494571497/first-listen-drive-by-truckers-american-band

New Devil Makes Three record "Redemption and Ruin", all covers, came out a few weeks ago. 6 songs of Redemption & 6 songs of Ruin.

Redemption

Ruin

By Lurgee
[quote="fishskibum"]was hopin to road trip for the telluride shows but it didn't happens

caught mr young for somewhere round my 20th show last night

dude defies age continues to call em as he sees em and produce what he wants

willies spawn and the potr were as solid as crazy horse

33:00ish for some new goods

YouTube link [/quote]

Saw that show in Austin late last Spring. It was fantastic, blistering 'Down by the River'. Willie came out and joined Neil for a few songs too.
By Shufisher
Heard this on Elizabeth Cook's show this morning.

For those of you that don't know E Cook.

[img]http://images4.mtv.com/uri/mgid:file:docroot:cmt.com:/sitewide/assets/img/events/2014/cmt_music_awards/arrivals/cmt_music_awards_ml_495612813-x600.jpg?enlarge=false&matte=true&matteColor=black&quality=0.85[/img]
By D-nymph
That was good Shu, never heard of that guy before.

Elizabeth Cook, I'm not really into her music very much, but her show is great as is her attitude, excellent radio show. Plus, she's a flat out stunner.
By kish
Umphree's McGee….the masters of mashup.

My Pillow Guy may be running for Governor in the[…]

The Kids Are Alright - TR

Ironman to son: Hold my other beer. :cool

33512388-91B6-4E0E-ACA0-28DEC975EE58.jpeg

"If you're planning to come to Montana...&quo[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine