have we spoke of single malt properly?

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
shunned

have we spoke of single malt properly?

Post by shunned » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:27 am

my choice as of late is talisker 18yr though now I find I'm stuck with distiller's edition '99 until I can find another 18.
if your vote is worth it's salt I shall promise you I will go and purchase a bottle and we shall discuss.

if you propose bushmills, jameson or any other paddy bollocks (limited, distiller's choice, 18-25yrs) you will be asked to leave this discussion.
along with anything blended.

I don't care.
you're talking peasant nonsense. I've no time for peasants.

or the welsh.

huzzah!
the depths of your narcissism never cease to amaze me

-raffa of all fucking people

Salmotrutta

Re: have we spoke of single malt properly?

Post by Salmotrutta » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:44 am

Fuck You You Fucking Fuck.
Lyrical

shunned

Post by shunned » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:31 am

it's all right, mate.
I'll start a strawberry quik connoisseurs thread next week.

:cool
the depths of your narcissism never cease to amaze me

-raffa of all fucking people

Surly

Post by Surly » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:16 am

I prefer a Speyside over the peatier Islay whiskies. The Balvenie DoubleWood (world's gayest sounding whisky) is always around the house.
"If the trout are lost, smash the State." Thomas McGuane

Randall Dee

Post by Randall Dee » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:12 am

I prefer the Islay stuff. I'm currently working on a bottle of Ardbeg 10 year. I think it's the palest whiskey I've ever seen. Anyone else ever try the Glenlivet Nadurra? Really different, in a good way. I want to try it again.

cantfishforshit
Location: Whever I happen to be at the moment, unless I am drunk.

Post by cantfishforshit » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:22 am

I like Speyburn...not considered high end but it's single malt and tastes good. No cigar thread?
Better be putting together one hell of a plan to survive this clusterfuck.
-Blumpkin

If it isn't listed on the commodities market, it gets plowed under in favour of something that is. There's no money in willows or young poplar or native grasses.
-Peetso

Roses are red. Bacon is red. Poetry is hard. Bacon
-Unknown

root wad

Post by root wad » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:28 am

They all are absolutely exquisite, 2Fish, when sipped out of a dented flask after releasing a high teens or better Kispiox buck. I do, however, admire your immediate attention to the somewhat significant provisioning details. I, for one, find it quite challenging to keep the Balvenie "always around the house."
Life is a whole lot more simple when you plow around the stump.
"When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns."

Adams

Post by Adams » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:43 am

I too am an Islay guy. Laphroaig is my favorite, and I actually prefer the 10 yr old to the 18. Caol Illa is damned good too.
If you need a reason to drink, you have a problem. . .

"I just think it's funny that the one constant in this place over the past five years is that it was a cool place right up until the next person joined." nemo

When life gives you limes, it's Gods way of telling you that you're an idiot. spudnik

Bobwhite

Post by Bobwhite » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:53 am

root wad wrote:I, for one, find it quite challenging to keep the Balvenie "always around the house."
Indeed... me too. Does this mean I have a problem?

The best I ever had, I'll probably never taste again. One of the members of a family on the Isle of Jura brought half a case of private stuff up to the lodge one summer. It was something else, and most definitely wasted on me.

I sort of like Macallen, and buy whatever "age" I can afford on that particular day.
"Why in the fuck did I miss this place? It's like missing a raging case of the clap."

"Make it matter, fuckos." jhnnythndr

" Herre jävlar vilka fiskar!!" P-A

"I'm no saint though, nor a judge. Rock that shit good and hard, and on your way out, wipe your dick on the curtains." - Kyner

G_Smolt

Post by G_Smolt » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:04 pm

Islay for this kid.

Loves me some Talisker too, but at $64/hit (AK prices), I can get away with a bottle every month or two before the Wife gets suspicious.

Caol Ila is a damn good pour, as is Bowmore 12. Laphroig is a little on the oily side, but still pretty damn good.

For everyday sippin' I go with Bowmore Legend (10yr) and McClellands Islay (7yr, from the Bowmore distillery).

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:21 pm

Bes
Last edited by B.M. Barrelcooker on Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"worst that can happen is a big fat zero and a fine walk out of doors"---Chadroc

BearsFan

Post by BearsFan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:27 pm

I like where you head is at.

Tried out a Glenmorangie 10yr this week and really did not like it. I did still managed to polish off the bottle though.

I am a speyside fan and tend to favor The Macallan. I do keep a bottle of $20 Lismore around at all times though, very good for the money.

Lately I have been trying to refine my taste in bourbon and that is where most of my hooch fund has been going. I am loving the Four Roses single barrel, good shit. Sorry to get off topic.

Feel free to drop this bottle in the post for me Uncle Mitch...
"I've been searching my whole life for a woman to feed me once a day and eat me once a day. My needs are simple." - Outcast

"Mostly I think about hookers and Tarpon fishing." - blumpkin