Got something to sell? Need a job? Post your for sale ads and resumes here. IMPORTANT: this forum for non-professional posts. If you are a professional organization and would like to post your ad here, please contact us at info@drakemag.com.
Just imagine, in another 4 or 5 years... bluegill population down, no real small bass around...that shadow coming up from the depths will have you shitting your pants. Well done!
First musky? Homegrown to boot?

Hell yeah. Nicely done.
Hahaha...

Thanks, TX and Fatman, for the heads-up and direction to this post.

I don't get down to the classifieds much... I guess that's the point

Shit fire, BM... what a beautiful fish! That's ridiculous.
B.M. Barrelcooker wrote: Image
BM, this don't look like no freshie watta. Looks like a place where there be salinity, drums andprawnsskrimps.
Congrats, very unique place to get a musky.
Invite or GDIAFF :wink
Freaking awesome man!

That's the pay off for an executed plan.
Awesome stuff BM!

Have you thought about how to manage it going forward? I know you have done a ton with planting forage fish for them. Are you going to eventually try to manage it as an ecosystem or just continue to plant forage and go that route? I could go back and find where you probably addressed this, but I'm lazy. Either way, what an awesome thing you did here.
Woolybug25 wrote:Awesome stuff BM!

Have you thought about how to manage it going forward? I know you have done a ton with planting forage fish for them. Are you going to eventually try to manage it as an ecosystem or just continue to plant forage and go that route? I could go back and find where you probably addressed this, but I'm lazy. Either way, what an awesome thing you did here.
The management plan is basicly to let it grow.

It's full of stunted bass and crappie and generic bluegill.

As well as a thriving shad population after I got them planted.

Right now the 5 or so people that I let fish it are under strict guidelines to immediately return all musky caught and remove stunted bass and crappie.

The fishing pressure is pretty negligent .

No musky lures allowed on the lake.
Nobody here really musky fishes but if someone wants to take a shot it will have to be with a fly rod.

Also from what I've read and seen , crappie make great musky food too and I have lots of them in the right size range.

The growth has really impressed me.

Stellar TR as usual Jose.

The Drake is Dead, Long Live The Drake. W[…]

LA Marsh......TR

Fine job Matt. I hope everyone had a good time.[…]

things I a-heared at drake camp

"Led Zepellin? you like fast Led Zepellin […]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine