Acclimation.

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
nogul

Acclimation.

Post by nogul » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:18 am

[report]Been away for awhile, life got busy. For the first time in my life, I've moved away from the gulf coast. Prior to the move, I was fortunate enough to have some time off to enjoy the bounty of my ole stomping grounds.

Got to jump down to SW FL during the height of the poon push. What a shit show that place has become. The fish were so freaked out from all the dang boats and people dropping corks on their heads all day, we scrapped it and went exploring as far away from people as we could.

Moving sucks balls, but the new home base is incredibly cool. I found a gheenoe to fix up, and learning the lowcountry of Charleston and the MASSIVE tides has been very rewarding. The thirty plus fish days are a thing of the past, but there is something really really cool about catching redfish in the grass. It's incredibly visual, and such a different setting than I'm used to. But they're still redfish, and the learning curve hasn't been too steep. I'm committed here for 1 year, but my wife will likely never let me leave.

I'm really looking forward to fall in a new place, where every conversation doesn't revolve around the crimson tide. As I type this there is a definite chill in the air. I know there's a solid SC contingency here, would love to get know y'all. As fun as it is catching fish with the push pole between my legs, I'd much rather push someone around who can cast.

:cool[/report]

southernstrain

Re: Acclimation.

Post by southernstrain » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:29 am

Great pics man. You summed up beach poon pretty damn well. I wish I could a fished it before it was like that. I'm now part of the problem a few times a year but much prefer trying to find the quiet bays with laid up fish here in the everglades.

Good luck in chucktown, if I could have found work there that's probably where we would be.

Ps. We need more pics of the jack
Last edited by southernstrain on Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

RFA

Post by RFA » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:30 am

That first rolling tarpon shot is great!
As it turns out, God? He was a squirrel. A big 'ol meaty one. "I found god, he used to say"

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:58 am

That was damn fine !!!

K_P

Post by K_P » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:09 pm

Very cool.

Bobwhite

Post by Bobwhite » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:21 pm

I enjoyed all of that... thanks!

Moving does suck... but you ended up in a wonderful spot.
"Why in the fuck did I miss this place? It's like missing a raging case of the clap."

"Make it matter, fuckos." jhnnythndr

" Herre jävlar vilka fiskar!!" P-A

"I'm no saint though, nor a judge. Rock that shit good and hard, and on your way out, wipe your dick on the curtains." - Kyner

Adams

Post by Adams » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:40 pm

Sweet shots! Looks like the move is treating you well.
If you need a reason to drink, you have a problem. . .

"I just think it's funny that the one constant in this place over the past five years is that it was a cool place right up until the next person joined." nemo

When life gives you limes, it's Gods way of telling you that you're an idiot. spudnik

vaku

Post by vaku » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:15 pm

How much for the wicker thingy? Less to move!

You'll like Chucktown, get with the boys, they will treat you right.

You're also in one of the hottest food destinations in the country right now. Don't be cheap and try some of the top places, you won't be sorry.

That rolling tarpon shot is money.
"It is only the inexperienced and thoughtless who find pleasure in killing fish for the mere sake of killing them. No sportsman does this." - W.C. Prime, 1888

"if it floats, flys, or fucks, it's bound to be a pain in the ass..." - BigTimber

woolly bugger

Post by woolly bugger » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:00 pm

lime the flicks
Buy Mexico Returns

ex "I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!"
me "There's a season???"

I wish there were more people here that put up the type of quality shit you do. Been feeshn' lately? - Ryan

blumpkin

Post by blumpkin » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:17 pm

I cannot... cannot... Believe you have managed to elevate your game.

Bravo.
"Dunno how this’ll go, I’ve been drinking since 2”
Travis.

Pedorro

Post by Pedorro » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:27 pm

Stellar reportage man and some great shots.
Thanks for sharin
That Fly took such a shellackin' I just wanted put a warm towel on her shoulders and
giver her a bowl of chicken soup…Blumpkin

We have an easygoing and demotivated freemarket type of uslessness here...JhnnyThndr

ak_powder_monkey

Post by ak_powder_monkey » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:05 am

Yeah that was sweet!
Save Wild Salmon, Eat Wild Salmon.

http://www.akpmphotos.com