kind of self-explanatory, right? We seem to have some impressive thread-wrappers that lurk around this board. let's try to keep your "first booger" posts at a minimum.
By yard4sale
Are squidros allowed yet?
By Honyuk96
CC Riebeeck wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:05 pm
Honyuk96 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:34 am
NO spey flies, they rock but are not salmonflies
Really...

You can tie a classic, but if you don't fish it then it ain't a salmon fly either...

Someone has their hand out (again)...figures (those who have, bitch about more)
IMG_1899.JPG
IMG_1899.JPG (90.82 KiB) Viewed 313 times
I fish em. This Green Highlander just got pulled outta da chops of a buck Chinook
By yard4sale
Honyuk96 wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:01 pm
CC Riebeeck wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:05 pm
Honyuk96 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:34 am
NO spey flies, they rock but are not salmonflies
Really...

You can tie a classic, but if you don't fish it then it ain't a salmon fly either...

Someone has their hand out (again)...figures (those who have, bitch about more)
IMG_1899.JPG

I fish em. This Green Highlander just got pulled outta da chops of a buck Chinook
You tie that on with a bowline or what?
By pbrstreetgang
don't sweat him - he uses only the fanciest knots, like the classic "Flatulent Man from Cadboll" and the "Gaytree's Laggan Trapknot."

They are as obscure as they are contrived
By yard4sale
pbrstreetgang wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:19 pm don't sweat him - he uses only the fanciest knots, like the classic "Flatulent Man from Cadboll" and the "Gaytree's Laggan Trapknot."

True, but I still manage to trim the tag within 6” of the actual knot. I just thought he was maybe saving some tippet by re-tying his knots. Good environmental practice I say.
By Honyuk96
yard4sale wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:52 pm
pbrstreetgang wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:19 pm don't sweat him - he uses only the fanciest knots, like the classic "Flatulent Man from Cadboll" and the "Gaytree's Laggan Trapknot."

True, but I still manage to trim the tag within 6” of the actual knot. I just thought he was maybe saving some tippet by re-tying his knots. Good environmental practice I say.
I admittedly tie sloppy knots. You have good eyes, attention to detail, perhaps you'd like to tie six flies in a years time eh ?

perhaps we need to revisit the paparazzi thread...

Winter steelhead fly swap 2019

but that's the fun part about this place

So I got to tinkering the other day... and calcu[…]

unlimited dead sh*t for Kyner thread

pits are nasty, especially that one. "they'r[…]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine