This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Pat
seriously considering a move to the florida keys. I have an ongoing job offer there. a real job, no bartender shit. I'd rather end up in New England somewhere. I was thinking New Hampshire. I dunno. I love small streams and trout.
By TX.
Well, you won't.
Ever again.
If you take the job.
By Pat
TX. wrote:Well, you won't.
Ever again.
If you take the job.
that's what I'm thinking. it's a whole different world.
By Bad Fish
If you don't take the job, I gladly will. Flats boat, bones, poon, permit, all sorts of other fish that'll rock your world, and beach babes. Where do I sign?
By TX.
Meat.On.A.Stick wrote:
TX. wrote:Well, you won't.
Ever again.
If you take the job.
that's what I'm thinking. it's a whole different world.
It's a whole different world that will ruin you of trout.
I have a native brookie stream five minutes from my house and the only time (mostly) I go is to take the kids.
Smallmouth river fifty yards from my front door...I test new fly patterns there.
Yeah, it'll fuck you up.
By Articulated Trico
Based on your fishing reports I doubt you will get out on the water! Although alcoholism, dabbling with the devils dandruff, and a mixture of the two make for one hell of manic mood swinging life! All the Keys needs is one more flip flop wearing, worn at the belly tshirt wearing Midwesterner talking junk at a Tiki bar about how great fishing is up north cause they can't cast or find fish
By ditchdoc
Articulated Trico wrote:Based on your fishing reports I doubt you will get out on the water! Although alcoholism, dabbling with the devils dandruff, and a mixture of the two make for one hell of manic mood swinging life! All the Keys needs is one more flip flop wearing, worn at the belly tshirt wearing Midwesterner talking junk at a Tiki bar about how great fishing is up north cause they can't cast or find fish
Funny shit mon.
By Ty Webb
where in the keys?
north, south, middle, upper middle, lower middle, uppper lower, lower upper?
By Fishlore
Ditto. What TX said.

It is quite the sickness. I've fished for trout once since i returned from my trip down in April.
I've not fished out west on all the great rivers but seen some crazy stuff on the trout side in WNC and TN. There is nothing quite like seeing a big tailing red blow up on a fly or watching that big handsome grin from an 80lb tarpon look you in the face before he's slurps the fly.

If i get the chance to move to the East or Southeast of FL i'll take it.

Meh..I'll shut up now.

Good luck with your decision.

:cool
By SLSS
I don't want to rain on the saltwater parade, but Florida's not for everyone. Not me at least. I've spent a little time out in the keys, more in the everglades. I like it, it's fun. I love seeing flocks of pink birds flying overhead or wading the shoals. I love slipping through the mangroves alone in a canoe, looking for snook and tarpon- two of my favorite fish. And I've caught some fish- not like Tex, TP or LTD, or the other southern salties, but nice fish for a northern trout and steelhead fisherman who really barely has his feet wet in the salt. A few redfish in the 34 inch range, lots of baby tarpon, one 42 inch tarpon, and completely had my ass kicked by a couple 5 ft range tarpon and big snook. And I loved every minute of it.

And flats skiffs are the only power boats i've seen that get my motor hummin.

But I really love elevation, the resulting gradient of running water, and spending time on a beautiful stream or river. I'll visit the salt when I get the chance, but I want to always live near trout water.

Good luck with your decision.
By West Chester
Meat- you have to be real bitchy and argue on the internet to live in the keys.
By Mad_Mike
the fact that you're even having to think this over slightly disturbs me.... but it also makes me think you've always been a freshie and you just don' t know any better...

Make the move... don't look back...

this tr is like my redemption for not gittins to g[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Shucked Up Snowshoe Emerger (variation) http[…]

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49909295692_1[…]

93F279A2-B8AE-4AAA-8F54-DB6286C7D6DE.jpeg

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine