This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Bad Fish
So, we all have our river vices, mine’s hand rolling tobacco. Ever since Bali Shag disappeared I've been looking for a better Halfzware Shag option and have been resorting to Drum, which sucks in comparison. I've tried all the cheap shag (Top, American Spirit, Bugler, etc) and am having a hard time finding a good Bali Shag replacement. Any Shag smokers care to chime in?

For your viewing entertainment, Ken Block's new Gymkhana video.

By truteya
Bali Shag disapeared? I've got 3 stores that carry it here, unless they just recently pulled it from the shelves. Don't bother trying to find anything that comes close, it doesn't exist.
By Bad Fish
truteya wrote:Bali Shag disapeared? I've got 3 stores that carry it here, unless they just recently pulled it from the shelves. Don't bother trying to find anything that comes close, it doesn't exist.
Ever since the new tobacco tax went into affect Bali Shag has been non-existent in these parts. Something about them changing the packaging to pipe tobacco so they can get around the tax.
By slavetotheflyrod
I find some nice sativa shag rolls up nicely and makes a days fishing seem like two. Oh, and as a rule I only roll Randy's on the water, you know wet hands and all.
By Upsetter
I am in the same boat and since we are probably knockin around the same parts I can say even the tobacco shop down on main st gave me a shrug about bali. It definitely had something to do with the tax, but I havent seen the pipe tobacco packaging so I dont know what the deal is there. Some dude in a gstop told me they were moving to pipe tobacoo period. There is a better shag out there for sure, its called three castles. Its the best imo. Doesnt come with papers though.

You can order online here, or a bunch of other places, you can also get cans of shag most places: http://www.rollyourown.com/index.php?ma ... 3fefc4de5f
By Bad Fish
Upsetter wrote:I am in the same boat and since we are probably knockin around the same parts I can say even the tobacco shop down on main st gave me a shrug about bali. It definitely had something to do with the tax, but I havent seen the pipe tobacco packaging so I dont know what the deal is there. Some dude in a gstop told me they were moving to pipe tobacoo period. There is a better shag out there for sure, its called three castles. Its the best imo. Doesnt come with papers though.

You can order online here, or a bunch of other places, you can also get cans of shag most places: http://www.rollyourown.com/index.php?ma ... 3fefc4de5f
Sweet, Three Castles, I'll give it a shot. Does Poor Richards carry it? Or is it an online thing? I might just swing by PR to check out their selection.
By Upsetter
If poor richards is the place on main, then no, but they are aware of it. I suppose if someone was to indicate an interest they might order some in. I would buy it. But, I shudder to think how spendy it would be w/our new taxes. I wonder if that tax gets applied on internet orders...might be quite a bit cheaper online. I didnt see it in my short search, but three castles also comes in a ~125g tin, in addition to the pouch, that was how I usually bought it. I smoked it a good bit when I lived in Madison, WI years ago, a place called Knuckleheads had the hook up.
By Mexico
I'm thinking a little black tar ought to give it the char your lungs are looking for...If you're wanting sweetness, then hash oil will get your lips gooey with a touch of spice, but I'd watch for the expando properties...

Then again, you could just grind up a couple of Loritabs and pop them into the mix...It won't really matter what brand you're smoking, because after the first couple of pulls your lips and palate will go numb...Then you can praise the Bali Shag, the Dali's Stag or your sagging tea bag...
By Smithhammer
I share the same vice. I rarely ever smoke, but sometimes a good hand-rolled while I'm fishing is a beautiful thing. We've got a pretty good tobacco shop in J-Hole called "Tobacco Row," my source for fresh Amsterdam shag. Unfortunately, they don't do mail order, but if you're ever down here, they're worth a stop.
Attitude

Wrong thread for newb fuckery, Fanny.

“ Well you may not know it but this man's a […]

I finally put down the booze long enough to packag[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Reece’s Surface Assassin (variation) h[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine