This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Streamer
Some of us Appalachian Americans put together a Dads 'N' Kids Weekend annually so we can teach our kids (grandkids, nephews, nieces, etc.) a bit about what we do, and why we do it. We also give them some stream/habitat/ecosystem info, all under the guise of having fun. They catch crawdads, worms, leeches, helgrammites, and other icky creepycrawlies to look at and put on each other.

We also load them up with sugary drinks and snacks, caffeine, saturated fats, nitrites/nitrates, and red dye #3.

The trip is scheduled for April 16 - 18 on Helton Creek in Grassy Creek, N.C.. It's an easy to fish DH. We camp at Helton Creek Campground, which is streamside. Cost is $10/tent site/night, and $25 for a trailer/camper/pop-up site/night. Food costs run about $15 - $20 per head for the weekend.

If any of y'all want to bring a young 'un and have some fun, let me know via PM, and I'll get you signed up on our local board and send you all the details or answer any questions.

Here's a video from last year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eb5vZdx_BQ

Yer Pal,

Streamer
By Streamer
stonedfly wrote:Are the women folk allowed to come? Sounds like a great idea.
Sure.

But we had to have a name for the trip, and "Dads, Moms, Grandparents, Legal Guardians, and Other un-Named Parental/Familial Partners in Parenting" was already taken.

Yer Pal,
Streamer
By shunned
I wish they'd do something like that here, sounds really really great.
elizabeth would go mental if I took her to something like that.
:cool

n.emo should lend us his jet, the prick.
deliberate fuel

very excellent, thank you. you find the right word[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Raymond Bumble (variation) https://live.stat[…]

The return of Stolen Hours

October 6, 2020 #44?? Gas $1.99 Started later […]

Shakedown: TR

Most excellent! Thanks for sharing, KP

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine