This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By West Chester
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
By Redchaser
West Chester wrote:
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

That shit is funny...but what would really be funny would be of the orang turned around and spit the piss at all of the people.
By blumpkin
Overcast wrote:
CarpeTructa wrote:Wanna fix the ecosystem? Hunt humans, not wolves. :gun

This is not a personal attack on you Carpe Tructa, but your avatar is more offensive than anyone I've met that hunts, including the pictures LTD put up. Surprising on how few know the history of Che", most have no clue to what a ruthless killer Che" was and sport his likeness on everything from beer labels to t-shirts and even avatars on just about every i-net forum.
:coffee

http://libcom.org/history/guevara-ernesto-che-1928-1967
I always thought that Carpe's avatar was George Clooney... Thanks for clearing that up for me.
By Nemeth
West Chester wrote:

This is where the advanced frontal lobe part comes into play, although I've seen some people do dumber shit.
By BearsFan
Read an article in Garden & Gun about a bison farmer. He said they can jump over a 7' fence no problem. Pure muscle.
By RFA
Wow - that dude could have dunked with his feet....

Bison can outrun horses....and can sustain a full gallop for over 6 hours (and taste good as swedish meatballs).....that's fucking stamina. We go to a bison ranch every year for Mother's Day Brunch, we go out on the range with a newer short bus and throw pellets out to feed them, the old bus got it's door ripped off when a buffalo stuck his head in and someone tried to pet it.
By Rusty Hook
I think that any drop in deer and elk harvests has to do a lot more with deer and elk being harder to locate than large numbers of animals being decimated by packs of murderous wolves. I have seen how most people hunt, and it doesn't lend itself to a wary, mobile prey population. When wolves are around, that herd of elk you saw in that meadow yesterday is likely to be somewhere else by tomorrow, as hanging out in the same spot day after day is a good way to get eaten. This is already the case in Yellowstone, where overgrazing was a serious problem before the wolves were reintroduced. During the period when wolves were absent, the elk would keep grazing in the same meadow until the forage was depleted. Now, they stay on the move in an attempt to stay one step ahead of the wolves, something they have been doing for as long as there have been wolves and elk, really for as long as there have been carnivores and herbivores. That's a lot longer than we have been around to "manage" them. People will have to adapt if they want to be successful.

Besides, as others have mentioned, habitat has a much greater effect on wild game populations that predation. If you want to look at something that needs more "management," how about those two introduced species, cattle and sheep? A general hunting season on those beasts would help the deer, elk, and moose a lot more than a wolf hunt, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for anything like that to happen. After all, this isn't about preserving nature or protecting the innocent, it's really about making the backcountry safe for agriculture, same as it was last time.
By RFA
I have seen how most people hunt, and it doesn't lend itself to a wary, mobile prey population.
Ain't that the fucking truth (LTD not included...I know you travel deep into the backcountry to hunt). Thank God a lot for a lot of these fat fucks that someone invented the ATV.
deliberate fuel

very excellent, thank you. you find the right word[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Raymond Bumble (variation) https://live.stat[…]

The return of Stolen Hours

October 6, 2020 #44?? Gas $1.99 Started later […]

Shakedown: TR

Most excellent! Thanks for sharing, KP

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine