This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By McH
[report]March, April & May are the Brook Trout months, before the creeks start to dry up and heat up. I can’t bring myself to fuck with them when they’re panting in a 6” deep bath tub sized hole.
I escaped from the office at 12 noon and rendezvoused with a fellow escapee at an undisclosed location. The location is right on the outskirts of town; it’s not totally unknown as evidenced by the night crawler container lids and lack of trout.

But if you put forth a little effort and slog your ass up the ridge past the night crawler container lids and paint ball splattered trees you come to a fall line or natural barrier in the creek. The beauty in it is that at the top of the barrier the creek is only about 4’ wide and looks devoid of fish and end of the line. But if you have faith and continue on up the creek, it widens with nice holes and nice population of Brookies.
Local knowledge Bitches, that you shouldn’t be able to buy at fucking Borders. (A digress)

Down low looks sweet, but in looks only

but go higher and things look up

Not all were piggies

I've got about two months to follow this ridge line picking off the thin blue lines as I go.

:cool[/report]
Last edited by McH on Mon May 18, 2020 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By troutphisher
Nice!

I'm just a little farther north, but follow the same play book.
By Heero
Im with you. This is what Ive been doing for the past week, as well. Only in much smaller streams...that one you posted is huge.

By RaZ
very nice. the mountains are calling me.
By RFA
Nice McH, that report makes me miss the East.

By the way, you may get even more cred here if you let everyone know that you're Wilford Brimley. :cool
By McH
Wilford.jpg
Wilford.jpg (279.08 KiB) Viewed 4758 times
haha, unfortunately that mustache does not belong to me. Mine comes in more like a spun deer hair popper.

nice boo Heero
By truteya
Dry fly or die! Gorgeous stretch and fish!
By Rusty Hook
The trees look different, but the fish are familiar.

Some of the beaver ponds around here will be icing out soon, prolly right after the snow that is falling today has a chance to melt. The high country won't be in an unfrozen state til late June, maybe July. The brookies have been up there for so long I have heard some of the locals call them "natives."
By foureyedgeek
Good stuff, I'm itchin' to climb hills to throw dry flies as well.
By Nemeth
I was in a place very similar to that today, but armed with the Trimble R8 and no fly rod handy. Gotta get me one of dem small stream pack rods.

Good shit there Hub-Thumper.
Dear Capt Dustin Huff

bump for Fred.... :smile

The return of Stolen Hours

Beautiful. Needs more kipper and IPA!

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Half-muddled HoloHare Hedgehog https://live.[…]

Trump

Shouldn't you be out tenkaraing palm of the hander[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine