This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
#308892
there is no excuse for the senseless killing of anything..
and if you think it's funny..well then I hope your car is beat to shit by vandals for the sake of entertainment..
User avatar
By Sewer Trout
#308900
blue ridge angler wrote:there is no excuse for the senseless killing of anything..
I agree, but what if you senselessly kill a big trout by fighting it too long or hooking it too deep? Same thing in my book as killing snakes with a spud gun. Fucking hippocrites, look in the mirror before you start judging others' behavior. As for snakes having a purpose? Biologically speaking that is bullshit. Evolution doesn't work that way. Theologically speaking it might be accurate. But then that would also mean that WE, and moreover this snake-killing faggot also serve a purpose. It is a slippery slope....But the lesson for the day is tolerance of the shortcomings of others. What would Jesus have done if he had a spud gun, handle of SoCo, and a few venemous serpents around?
User avatar
By Harry Snapper
#308913
Sewer Trout wrote:What would Jesus have done if he had a spud gun, handle of SoCo, and a few venemous serpents around?
Check out Ebay for mysterious potatoes that grow with the face of Virgin Mary/Jesus/Mother Theresa, which obviously comes from Jesus shooting off his heavenly potato gun when drunk. He sure is a funny one, that Jesus.
#308916
Sewer Trout wrote:
blue ridge angler wrote:there is no excuse for the senseless killing of anything..
I agree, but what if you senselessly kill a big trout by fighting it too long or hooking it too deep? Same thing in my book as killing snakes with a spud gun. Fucking hippocrites, look in the mirror before you start judging others' behavior. As for snakes having a purpose? Biologically speaking that is bullshit. Evolution doesn't work that way. Theologically speaking it might be accurate. But then that would also mean that WE, and moreover this snake-killing faggot also serve a purpose. It is a slippery slope....But the lesson for the day is tolerance of the shortcomings of others. What would Jesus have done if he had a spud gun, handle of SoCo, and a few venemous serpents around?
the difference is that when I unintentionally take a fish's life like that I feel bad for doing so, and I eat the fish to honor it..
when you go out specifically to kill animals, and laugh and make it out like a game then you are in the same category as children who take sick pleasure in torturing animals and I have no sympathy when something bad happens to you..
User avatar
By jerome
#308919
Proving Ground wrote:
In all seriousness... I get the treehuggin hippie thing and I know that even poisonous snakes have a purpose. BUT- if you've ever lived around a bunch of cottonmouths you'd kill em all dead as long as they are within reach of a home.

I spent 5 years of my childhood on 3000 acres in South Mississippi and the snakes were everywhere. When we sold my grandparent's home after they died, the folks that bought the house decided to update the guest wing of the house. We had known there was a nest of copperheads in the crawlspace underneath the guest wing. We had been throwing mothballs underneath the guest wing to make them relocate. Well, they had relocated alright. When they tore out the walls ceilings and floors in the guest wing they found 8 dead snakes and 6 live ones (4 copperheads, 1 chicken snake and 1 cottonmouth). Cottonmouths are mean and aggressive. They will chase you. I got chased down the full length of our side screened in porch and slammed the door on ones head when I was 12... another 16 inches and my ass would have been bit and 45 minutes away from a hospital. If you have kids and homes nearby you do NOT want many of them around. The guests at this place are city folk... not always accustomed to watching their step in the woods or watching where their kids play in a field. I don't kill every cottonmouth I see, but I do have to fight the urge sometimes because of my childhood exeperiences. In this case though, it's the right move in my opinion, to keep their numbers down on this property. I'm done justifying this now... and I'm going back to laughing at it.
No, you don't fucking get it. It has nothing to do with tree huggers or there being a bunch of snakes anywhere. This little life story on why you hate snakes only re-enforces my opinion of you and shows what a retard you are. Its strange I grew up in very snaky country on a big stretch of land with some damned fine bird dogs running around and over $500,000 of livestock roaming around. In 35 years, only one cow was bitten by a snake, and it wasn't poisonous. My uncle was bitten by a copperhead as a kid and almost lost his leg, yet he wasn't traumatized like you claim to be. I have been chased and had close calls by a variety of critters, I have never felt the need to go out and kill animals for no reason. I have killed all kinds of EDIBLE animals one could actually be proud of and not taken pics dancing with their carcass or felt the need to post it online and brag about it. The fact you are a guide and a teacher makes this display of ignorant douchebaggery, that much worse.

I learned the hard way at a young age, YOU DONT KILL SOMETHING UNLESS YOU ARE GOING TO EAT IT.

Its like HS said, if you can't deal with the critters.....stay your ass out of the wood/swamp. What the fuck do you expect when you go into THEIR home?

The fact that you thought you were ALMOST robbed/butt raped, give the right to go around killing anyone that looks like the guy that held you up??? Charged by a cow/bull, so do you go around killing cows? Ever have a dog bite you or growl??? You go around shooting dogs, now??? Nice logic, you got going.

Sewer trout, there is a big difference.... You can take the fish home and make a damn fine meal out of it. You can't eat cottonmouths.
User avatar
By jerome
#308937
Proving Ground wrote:Jerome- Let me put it to you in a language you'll understand... WdyaFuck would I give two shits what you think?


Image
How can I put it more simple.... I wasn't arguing. I was just pointing out what a fucking dumbass retard that you are.

You just proved my point numerous times. :coffee
By Don't Panic
#308940
all moccs must die

Image
User avatar
By Sewer Trout
#308951
jerome wrote:Sewer trout, there is a big difference.... You can take the fish home and make a damn fine meal out of it. You can't eat cottonmouths.
I bet cottonmouths are pretty tasty, buzzworms are. And you don't always know that a trout is toast before releasing it. My point is that catch and release fishing is just as senseless, and also results in senseless deaths, albeit it is unintentional. Does the fact that it is unintentional make it "better" than gunning down snakes? Yes, but you are nonetheless inflicting stress on another living organism for no reason other than pleasure on your part. and I doubt the dead fish sees passing through your digestive tract as an "honor". That shit is just to make yourself feel better, it's called rationalization. Am I comparing snake slaying to catch and release fishing? Only in so far that it is just as objectional to some as snake slaying is to us. I agree, I'd like to kick this douche in his pea-sized testicles, but I can't help but think of all the things I've done that are just as objectionable which I don't want to be kicked in the balls for. But the fact that he posts the behavior in hopes of accolades from who he hopes to be new friends is sad and speaks volumes about his character.
User avatar
By Float Rod
#308958
I usually stay out of these types of debates, but.........

I for one never like to just kill something for the sake of killing, but I have to admit, I literally hate snakes.

I was bitten by a rattler way back in the bush of Ontario, very scary to go through.

A few with a potato gun will harldy deplete the pop'.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 11
whatcha tying?

EAFBF7A3-214E-43B7-B0FF-17DC654C1410.jpeg

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Opal Cormorant https://live.staticflickr.com[…]

Friday Cheer Through Pics

Damn. Welcome back

Rock curry

Beautiful. [/kisses fingers]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine