This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
It was tough not to work on the painting this weekend...like anything, you get in a groove and things begin to happen without thinking all the time... that's when the best work happens.

Anyway, I had two columns due, and there was just no way around it... NO PAINTING!

This morning I rushed up to the studio, got my palette primed, the linseed oil mixed, picked up a brush... and felt completely lost. It was as if we were strangers, me and Spot.

I struggled with my palette; the colors that seemed to mix themselves a few days ago were a puzzle... the passages that I had unlocked the mysteries for solving were now another riddle. Shit... I guess that happens when you walk away from anything or person... it takes some time to get back in sync.

By the afternoon we were cooking again, and by dinner, Spot had his face.
SpotHasAFace.JPG
It's about time, dickweed!
SpotHasAFace.JPG (142.43 KiB) Viewed 374 times
I always save the most difficult of any passage for last, and for me... that's the mouth of a fish. Don't ask me why, but I always struggle with the mouth. It took me a while, but I finally got it to a place that I'm happy with.
SpotHasAFaceDetail.JPG
"Come on, give me a smile."
"Fuck off, you prick, and finish my anal fin... people are starting to talk.

SpotHasAFaceDetail.JPG (178.45 KiB) Viewed 374 times
More tomorrow...
Truly amazing Bob. Bravo!
johnbmadwis wrote:The water depression around the jaw line is killer. It just adds another element of, I dunno, poetic realism. Wonderful trip you are taking us on. Many thanks.

jb
X2

The water's surface as cradle really drills it for me.
Thanks again, Bob.

Yer Pal,
Streamer
The days are receding ....

thanks for the thread and fam matters message been[…]

Friday Cheer Through Pics

Squirmy worms are the hotness out here. Walk […]

Reads

Glad you're enjoying it Obie. I owe Tom a big th[…]

Brood X

damn i guess its been 17 yeqrs since i went back t[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine