This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Bobwhite
I spent another twelve-hour day with my new best friend, Spot. Man my eyes are crossed and my shoulders feel like I've been tossing hay bales. This art stuff is hard fucking work... but the fumes are nice.

Today, Spot got his stripe!
SpotDayThree.JPG
Spot has a new stripe...
SpotDayThree.JPG (149.05 KiB) Viewed 263 times
I was going to paint Spot's face today, but decided to save the best for last.
SpotsFace.JPG
Paint my fucking face... God damn it!
SpotsFace.JPG (166.05 KiB) Viewed 263 times
I'm real happy with it so far... especially the tail. I find it kind of cool the these splotches of paint actually look like something when you step away from the painting.
SpotsTail.JPG
I don't care about my ass... paint my fucking face!
SpotsTail.JPG (173.19 KiB) Viewed 263 times
Tomorrow, the big boy get's his face... then back to the water; it's not quite right.
SpotsFaceDetail.JPG
It's about time, ass hole!
SpotsFaceDetail.JPG (191.61 KiB) Viewed 263 times
By Ephemeral
Bob-

Very nice man. Its coming along rather well. I dig how the reflection is a bit muted. Just like you said...but it looks right!

eph
By truteya
I think this is my favorite of your stuff that I've seen. The water reflection looks like a photo. A trully stunning piece. I'll know I've made it when I call Bob White and commission a painting. BTW, I've always wondered, was your father a quail hunter?
By RFA
Bob - I hate to do this to you, buddy.....but this looks A LOT like my painting entitled "Trout Torquer"...a coincidence? I don't think so....You'll be getting a call from my lawyer.
Squeeze and Release.jpg
Squeeze and Release.jpg (25.04 KiB) Viewed 326 times
By Bobwhite
CharlieJenkem wrote:Awesome! :cool Thanks for taking the time to post that. It's cool to see the process. I don't know why, but it's interesting to me that you painted the reflection first. I would have guessed the other way around.
I usually paint the object first, and its reflection afterward, but for some reason I did it differently this time... when I paint, I try not to think too much...
truteya wrote:I think this is my favorite of your stuff that I've seen. The water reflection looks like a photo. A trully stunning piece. I'll know I've made it when I call Bob White and commission a painting. BTW, I've always wondered, was your father a quail hunter?
Thanks. I appreciate the compliment, "... it looks like a photo," but honestly... if you look at it up close... it's just blobs of color. Really... I don't try to blend everything to make it look photographic... I'd rather take a white-hot poker up the asshole than paint duck-stamp-art with a four-hair brush.

That it all seems to come together is what's cool for me.

Oh, yeah... the old man was a bird-hunter, which translates to bobwhites where I grew up. I have four sisters... so you know he was high-fivin' when a little bob popped out. Naming me BobWhite was his crowning glory in life. That's why the "BobWhite" thing.

Thanks!
By Bobwhite
RFA... jeesus, man.

I just about choked on a mouth full of pizza.

I told Lisa today... that there was a 50/50 chance you'd cook something up with a big dick. So, when I called to her and told her, "... look at this!"

She rolled her eyes, and said, "I know you told him to do this!"

Too much!
By RFA
So, I'm becoming predictable now? Maybe it's time to step away from the dicks. I was proud of this one - my first Bob White, and I even shadowed the veins in the water.

In all seriousness - beautiful painting. :cool
By truteya
Maybe photo's not the right word, how about masterfully replicated. fact is a fish's reflection on a rippled water surface looks a lot like an oil painting. Good thing your old lady loves ya or she'd prolly push your ass down a well and make a fortune off your work.

Great story about your dad. I'm gonna run this by the wife: change our last name to bow and name our first born rainn.

Good thing RFA only does photoshop dicks, if he was a bob white his ole lady would off him stat. guy's a real pain in the ass.
By Overcast
RFA wrote:So, I'm becoming predictable now? Maybe it's time to step away from the dicks. I was proud of this one - my first Bob White, and I even shadowed the veins in the water.

In all seriousness - beautiful painting. :cool
Really funny,RFA aka CDB cock drawing bastard. Knocked my zap a gap off, and now I'm stuck fucker.

Nice work Mr White, wanna go to Ekwok. :cool
By thalweg
This a really cool thread Bob. :cool Thanks for letting us watch.
I am really enjoying the progression. (including RFA's contribution.)
By Redchaser
Bob,

This is tremendous, thanks for sharing your talents with us.
whatcha tying?

I’m working on a little gift for the lady.[…]

The return of Stolen Hours

Almost caught up with the backward time travel... […]

Rock curry

That could be our final destination on the Tour […]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Yellow Owl Muddler https://live.staticflickr[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine