This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By cantfishforshit
Do you know anything about the "nitrogen cycle" and how much it would take to grow hemp at that rate? I know we can basically pull it out of the air, but shit, that's a LOT of nitrogen. Using veggie oil for fuel is why people are starving due to high corn prices right now. It's much better used for "corn squeezins" aka moonshine. Let's go electric and hybrid electric and use tidal harnesses, solar, nuclear and wind to power them.
By m.b.
jerome wrote:
Junior© wrote:
jerome wrote:There are plenty of alternatives, some better and cheaper than petro
Really? Can you send me the investment memorandum?

jr.
Hemp for starters....

HAHAHAHAHA! not surprising coming from you!

Jr., you got that? you need to start investing in dope cannabis.
By Ty Webb
BigCliff wrote:$500k sounds high for one part, but consider this-
Before the accident, Deepwater Horizon worked on BP's Mississippi Canyon Block 252, referred to as the Macondo prospect.[2] The rig was last located 50 miles (80 km) off the southeast coast of Louisiana.[7] In October 2009, BP extended the contract for Deepwater Horizon by three years, to begin in September 2010.[8] The lease contract was worth US$544 million, a rate of $496,800 per day.
One day's worth of rental cost added on was the sticking point? WTF?

(sidebar, Hyundai built the rig itself, seems odd that we've not heard them called out. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deepwater_Horizon)

Sounds iffy, but Darth Vader may truly have played some role in coating the Gulf Coast with the dark side- http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... dickcheney

the experts I've heard say the acoustic actuator wouldn't have had any effect on this whatsoever

the Guardian quoting litle Mikey Papantonio on the Ed Schultz show? come on...
By Salmotrutta
Hey Ron- haven't heard from N8 in a while now.

I don't agree with the rant that started this thread. All I know is I can't imagine what it's going to effect. Now saying it will prob. hit the express up the big E coast. I place no blame & everyone knows it's gotta be a joint effort on many levels to stop & clean up and hopefully recover.
My prayers are for everyone down there.
There will be ways each of us can help. The locals will know which is worth giving to & which are skimming the pot.
I would consider coming down and help in any way I can, but a 40 hour training course would take all of the vac. time I have left.
Pray it gets stopped soon.
By Adams
The Oil Pollution Act (33 U.S.C. sec. 2701 et seq) signed into law August 1990 -- after the Exxon Valdez spill -- limits BP's liability and sets up a trust fund derived from taxes on each barrel the produce here or import. Sec. 2704 (a)(3) looks like it contains the limitation of liability.

The statute limits liability to the operator of an offshore facility to the total removal costs, plus $75M:
(3) for an offshore facility except a deepwater port, the total
of all removal costs plus $75,000,000; and
By MTgrayling
My first thought was, "Isn't that area where most of the worlds remaining Bluefin tuna spawn", or just west of there?

What a slippery cluster fuck this whole thing is.

60+mpg since '02.
By BigCliff
m.b. wrote:
jerome wrote:
jerome wrote:There are plenty of alternatives, some better and cheaper than petro

Hemp for starters....

HAHAHAHAHA! not surprising coming from you!
Jeebus, I'm with MB on this one.
Ty Webb wrote:the experts I've heard say the acoustic actuator wouldn't have had any effect on this whatsoever

the Guardian quoting litle Mikey Papantonio on the Ed Schultz show? come on...
I've heard some of the same. But if you add up all the "____ wouldn't have worked either"s, all offshore exploration would have to be ceased immediately. (not advocating, just sayin'. There's a whole lot of arm-chair-monday-morning-QB's out there blathering and a bulimic media gobbling up all of it. ("bulimic media", hmm, nice. I best copyright that now.)0

Like I said, "iffy", but don't shoot the messenger just cuz he ain't dressed in yer style.
By jerome
m.b. wrote:

Jr., you got that? you need to start investing in dope cannabis.

How predictable the Pharmie rep comes running. The attitude and denial is understandable from someone with something to lose.

Its funny how the Oil guy and the Pharmie guy ignored the part about hemp having the potential to cut SOME oil use.

MB, if you pulled your head out of your ass just a little... you'd noticed that. Seeing how you like to pick apart and twist things. I would imagine its tough to do with that ego being so full of self-righteousness,self-perceived greatness and a superiority complex that could rival some of histories biggest assholes.

Hemp will grow on land that is useless for anything else, will grow where other crops have drained the nutrients from the soil. Multiple uses, totally renewable.... makes much more sense than all these other great ideas.

and get this..... all without any benefit to anyone looking to get high.

Lots of places could be put to good use, lots of money to be made.
By m.b.
jerome wrote:How predictable the Pharmie rep comes running. The attitude and denial is understandable from someone with something to lose.

uh, what do i have to lose?

not sure what you think you know but keep puffing, doper. you and puff daddy crack me up.

jerome wrote:MB, if you pulled your head out of your ass just a little... you'd noticed that. Seeing how you like to pick apart and twist things.
what exactly did i pick apart and twist?

jerome wrote:I would imagine its tough to do with that ego being so full of self-righteousness,self-perceived greatness and a superiority complex that could rival some of histories biggest assholes.
that's it, that's all you got? that's the best you can do?
By Lando
I am just in awe of how Jerome can make history plural.
By jerome
m.b. wrote:uh, what do i have to lose?

not sure what you think you know, but keep puffing, doper. you and puff daddy crack me up.
You are no better than any other drug dealer, it doesn't matter what you tell yourself. At least you pay taxes though.... only a matter of time before reform and other alternatives fuck up that little game like they have everything else.

Its funny that such a self-rightous, judgmental prick could work for the pharmie industry.I understand it though, a nice paycheck and being such a hypocrite make up for it.

Laugh all you want, I'm happy and really don't care what people like yourself think about me.... Its not like I would want to fish or hang out with the type.

and I will continue to laugh at you, The guy with everything, yet comes off as such a miserable asshole for the most part.
By jerome
m.b. wrote:
jerome wrote:How predictable the Pharmie rep comes running. The attitude and denial is understandable from someone with something to lose.

uh, what do i have to lose?

not sure what you think you know but keep puffing, doper. you and puff daddy crack me up.

jerome wrote:MB, if you pulled your head out of your ass just a little... you'd noticed that. Seeing how you like to pick apart and twist things.
what exactly did i pick apart and twist?

jerome wrote:I would imagine its tough to do with that ego being so full of self-righteousness,self-perceived greatness and a superiority complex that could rival some of histories biggest assholes.
that's it, that's all you got? that's the best you can do?
Do you read anything you post in Politics???

Yes, that all i have... pretty much my impression, no need to dress it up.

Lando,
Typo maybe.... this laptop could die anyday....

and I don't see any need to put much time or thought into interweb diarrhea... It's just a way to kill time.

If someone finds it necessary to read into typos and such on here, I really do feel sorry for them.
whatcha tying?

Mostly Kori spey fly

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Olive Bunny Cormorant https://live.staticfli[…]

The return of Stolen Hours

moving forward again after catching up with the ba[…]

Rock curry

That could be our final destination on the Tour […]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine