This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By castingoutloud
[report]A PM came in early last week from a member of this board who was going to be in my area this weekend. I said it was close to Mothers day and I have had cashed in a few chips already but after some negotiation the trip was on.
We only had a small window as both of us had commitments later in the day.

I tied up some flies for the trip as my Caddis supply was getting low. I added a few other flies for diversity not knowing what situation we would end up with.
MOTHER01.jpg
MOTHER01.jpg (175.34 KiB) Viewed 2683 times
This I did not plan for. Windy, overcast and cool was the order of the day.
MOTHER02.jpg
MOTHER02.jpg (239.88 KiB) Viewed 2683 times
I picked up my guest just after 5:00 AM than blew off a lot of precious fishing time driving in circles trying to find my way in my own back yard.

We got to spot number one a little brookie hole just below the headwaters running off the Escarpment.
MOTHER03.jpg
MOTHER03.jpg (288.14 KiB) Viewed 2683 times
Being a polite host I gave my guest the best shot in this little tight spot really only good for one angler. I dicked around while my guest got hooked up a couple times on a couple brookies and something that chomped his fly off.
MOTHER04.jpg
MOTHER04.jpg (285.8 KiB) Viewed 2683 times
We moved on to a new spot. A little run with a couple of nice holes. One of my favorite spots in this area even though it is right beside the road and heavily beaten by spinners and worm dunkers.
MOTHER05.jpg
MOTHER05.jpg (231.41 KiB) Viewed 2683 times
Still in my polite mode I let my guest have the choice spots while I had a beverage and fished a little bit. I came down a grassy peninsula to close to where my guest was fishing staying on the bank. "I cant believe you did not get anything out of that spot" I said and took a couple of casts in and this guy smashed my fly and did a crazy dance and I laded it took couple of photos and released it.
MOTHER06.jpg
MOTHER06.jpg (170.09 KiB) Viewed 2683 times
Back to my beer.

Took some bug photos than it was time to wrap up and head out.
MOTHER07.jpg
MOTHER07.jpg (215.87 KiB) Viewed 2683 times
MOTHER08.jpg
MOTHER08.jpg (282.7 KiB) Viewed 2683 times
MOTHER09.jpg
MOTHER09.jpg (258.05 KiB) Viewed 2683 times
After dropping my guest off I had a couple of hours to burn before I was due home I restocked at the LCBO around the corner and looked for some spots without getting lost (this time).
MOTHER10.jpg
MOTHER10.jpg (241.59 KiB) Viewed 2683 times
MOTHER11.jpg
MOTHER11.jpg (253.8 KiB) Viewed 2683 times
Thanks[/report]
By Truchero
Kyner wrote:
Redchaser wrote:Nice report, who was the guest?
x2
x3. Good shit. :cool
By woolly bugger
most excellent on a w/e with obligations...
By RaZ
had fund duud. thanks for showing me your waters (and giving me first rights to the nice spots). drank a shit ton of those yeungs later in the East Side Marios parking lot then while watching the Pens beat the Habs behind enemy lines. that inch of snow on my car this morning was awesome. :gun

thanks again.
:cool
RaZ wrote:had fund duud. thanks for showing me your waters (and giving me first rights to the nice spots). drank a shit ton of those yeungs later in the East Side Marios parking lot then while watching the Pens beat the Habs behind enemy lines. that inch of snow on my car this morning was awesome. :gun

thanks again.
:cool
Good action fellas. :cool
good stuff.. :cool
I like that caddis pattern, hows bout some closeups, or better yet a tutorial on that one? :cool
By RaZ
got of my own pics to throw up. not nearly as fancy and lacking the pretty boarder.

i digress.

speaking of fucks that cant control their boat...
breakfast of canadian champions...
Sunday morning, fuck it i'm staying in bed.
back to my city.
Friday Cheer Through Pics

[attachment=1]a_1.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]a_[…]

It reminds me of the time Kyner and Heero went f[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Blue Zulu Muddler https://live.staticflickr.[…]

Impeachment pool

teflon don, teflon shawn. I give a fuck. where's […]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine