This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
User avatar
By locogringo
#336237
Might have been tried before, but I thought we might try to have a continuing thread for bbq or grilling reports.

Starting it off with magnum ribbage.[report]
brine.jpg
Brining
brine.jpg (50.53 KiB) Viewed 3016 times
rubbed.JPG
Rubbed
rubbed.JPG (245.13 KiB) Viewed 3016 times
on the smoker.JPG
On the smoker
on the smoker.JPG (284.23 KiB) Viewed 3016 times
[/report]
User avatar
By DeShootnestGent'man
#336280
locogringo wrote:4 hours later.
[report]
IMG_2265.JPG
[/report]
And how were they? Look freaking delicious. :cool
User avatar
By locogringo
#336302
They turned out really good. Haven't smoked anything in a while. All the recent threads got me fired up, pun intended.
[report]
cutting board.JPG
cutting board.JPG (226.09 KiB) Viewed 2880 times
cutting board 2.JPG
cutting board 2.JPG (176.71 KiB) Viewed 2880 times
plate.JPG
plate.JPG (202.26 KiB) Viewed 2880 times
[/report]
User avatar
By flytrap
#338397
I know part of the reason to smoke is to make otherwise shit meat tender and taste good, but you must try smoking a prime rib. It's pretty fucking sublime smoked on either oak or pecan, or a mix.
User avatar
By PastorBen
#338583
Hey there
This past Saturday I had a ranch style wedding (cowboy and cowgirl) to preside over…and my friends who have a big A$$ smoker and grill were doin’ up the BBQ for the reception. They started the pigs at 2am……Wilbur weighed in at 130 lbs and Babe a svelte 125lbs both the were stuffed with brats and chickens and sauerkraut …Good eats for sure ….The arrangement that I have with the guys is that I will cook for the cooks…so in light of the early start up I decided to do up breakfast for them on the smoker……

We started with Boat eggs…

Image

and then some fatties (two were stuffed with onions and chipotles and pepper jack cheese)…

Image

and then a couple dozen ABTs to round out the meal…

Image

needless to say everyone was happy and the wedding went off with a “hitch”…

Grace and good eats

Ben
User avatar
By jdub
#338591
flytrap wrote:I know part of the reason to smoke is to make otherwise shit meat tender and taste good, but you must try smoking a prime rib. It's pretty fucking sublime smoked on either oak or pecan, or a mix.
You speak the truth Kemo Sabe.

There is a killer cowboy spot in Moab that sells a smoked prime rib on the weekends. Shit, that stuff is GOOD!
User avatar
By MassBass
#338633
locogringo wrote:They turned out really good. Haven't smoked anything in a while. All the recent threads got me fired up, pun intended.
[report]
cutting board.JPG
cutting board 2.JPG
plate.JPG
[/report]
pun intended always makes me chuckle since it reminds me of this:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=puns

Nobody cares if your puns were intended

People who point out their puns are like comedians who explain their jokes: they both think you're too stupid to get it. The only good thing about the phrase "pun intended" is that it saves you time when you want to say "hello, I'm going to be at the bag convention this weekend, please be sure to stop by and say 'hi.' I'll be at the douche exhibit." Here's the deal: when you point out your puns, you're making a value judgement on me, the reader. You're saying:

Hey reader, you see that play on words I just made? Yeah, well that wasn't an accident. In fact, I thought it was so clever that I didn't think your simple mind would be able to comprehend the brilliance of my play on words, and I wanted to make sure you know that I'm not only smart enough to use homonyms, but that I'm smart enough to point them out.

The sheer level of narcissism it takes to think that anyone gives a shit about whether or not you meant to write your pun is mind boggling. If narcissism were measured in units of mass, the skulls of people who pointed out puns would crush in on themselves in a giant black hole of stupidity.

The other variation of calling attention to a pun is the pun denial, or "no pun intended," which is a less formal way of saying:

Dear Reader,

Please direct your attention towards my pun. Admittedly I do think it's clever, but I think that you think so highly of me, that I want you to know that I would never resort to using such a commonplace literary device in my prose. Therefore, I would like to formally renounce my attempt at humor and assure you that I am above making puns as a writer, as a pupil of language, and as citizen of Earth.

Sincerest apologies,
D. Baggerson

The phrase "no pun intended" makes me want to band saw my dick off just in case I'm the last man alive and I have to risk repopulating Earth with some moron's incapable vagina. There's no such thing as an unintentional pun; the act of typing the phrase "no pun intended" makes it intentional. If your pun truly wasn't intended, then why didn't you erase it and write something else, asshole?

hijack over - nice ribs
User avatar
By locogringo
#339336
MassBass wrote:
locogringo wrote:They turned out really good. Haven't smoked anything in a while. All the recent threads got me fired up, pun intended.
[report]
cutting board.JPG
cutting board 2.JPG
plate.JPG
[/report]
pun intended always makes me chuckle since it reminds me of this:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=puns

Nobody cares if your puns were intended

People who point out their puns are like comedians who explain their jokes: they both think you're too stupid to get it. The only good thing about the phrase "pun intended" is that it saves you time when you want to say "hello, I'm going to be at the bag convention this weekend, please be sure to stop by and say 'hi.' I'll be at the douche exhibit." Here's the deal: when you point out your puns, you're making a value judgement on me, the reader. You're saying:

Hey reader, you see that play on words I just made? Yeah, well that wasn't an accident. In fact, I thought it was so clever that I didn't think your simple mind would be able to comprehend the brilliance of my play on words, and I wanted to make sure you know that I'm not only smart enough to use homonyms, but that I'm smart enough to point them out.

The sheer level of narcissism it takes to think that anyone gives a shit about whether or not you meant to write your pun is mind boggling. If narcissism were measured in units of mass, the skulls of people who pointed out puns would crush in on themselves in a giant black hole of stupidity.

The other variation of calling attention to a pun is the pun denial, or "no pun intended," which is a less formal way of saying:

Dear Reader,

Please direct your attention towards my pun. Admittedly I do think it's clever, but I think that you think so highly of me, that I want you to know that I would never resort to using such a commonplace literary device in my prose. Therefore, I would like to formally renounce my attempt at humor and assure you that I am above making puns as a writer, as a pupil of language, and as citizen of Earth.

Sincerest apologies,
D. Baggerson

The phrase "no pun intended" makes me want to band saw my dick off just in case I'm the last man alive and I have to risk repopulating Earth with some moron's incapable vagina. There's no such thing as an unintentional pun; the act of typing the phrase "no pun intended" makes it intentional. If your pun truly wasn't intended, then why didn't you erase it and write something else, asshole?

hijack over - nice ribs
Awesome. Wish I could come up with a shitty pun that fit here.
A Confession

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j58V2vC9EPc

The return of Stolen Hours

1-22-2020 - 2 Between five or six doctors&rsq[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Hare’s Ear Hedgehog https://live.stati[…]

Fu@#&^# Drake

the photofuckit assholes are holding my shit hosta[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine