This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By RFA
[report]With so many "Chronicles" and "Unlimited" threads out there, I figured I would give this a shot. I will base this series on travels with the venerable 'Stabbin Cabin', and what better way to start out a thread than with a total fucking skunk. 0 fish, 0 hits, 0 anything. This is the first time this year I've been skunked, and the first time in a long while that the fishing was this dead. I got the chance to hang out with 5-6 other fly fisherman on the lake last night, and only one of them had caught more than 1 fish(the guy with him had caught 0 over 3 days). There were more bugs out than I have ever witnessed, chironomids just covering everything, and swarming to the point where, when the wind died down, there was a constant high pitched hum from all of them. I've heard that the trout just cruise with their mouths open when it gets like this, like fucking whales. No need to pick out bugs when 4 trillion of them are in the water. There were adults, emergers, nymphs, and spent shucks literally every inch of the water. I was there for 2 days and saw 3 rises....3. Why break the surface when there are just as many down below? At any rate, I had a blast, and am going again next weekend.

The Stabbin' Cabin (which will have no stabbin until the kids get old enough to have their own tents):
ESC1.jpg
ESC1.jpg (94.67 KiB) Viewed 3923 times
Lil' Chironomids...everywhere:
ESC2.jpg
ESC2.jpg (98.64 KiB) Viewed 3923 times
Double fisting:
ESC3.jpg
ESC3.jpg (85.37 KiB) Viewed 3923 times
The Old Man lounging...he's 12:
ESC4.jpg
ESC4.jpg (101.28 KiB) Viewed 3923 times
Daughter eating smores at the fire pit:
ESC5.jpg
ESC5.jpg (121.12 KiB) Viewed 3923 times
Son doing the same:
ESC6.jpg
ESC6.jpg (153.94 KiB) Viewed 3923 times
Everyone went to bed, so I put the waders on, tied on a big deer hair mouse, and made my way out in the lake. A freak wind storm came through, and I swear the winds got up to 75 mph....I bailed once the waves were hitting me in the chest....only to find that the wind had blown one of our camp chairs into the fire:
ESC7.jpg
ESC7.jpg (198.09 KiB) Viewed 3923 times
Morning #2....more bugs, no one on the lake. Maybe 2-3 bellyboats out of 20 RV's/tents. Everyone knew it was a waste of time:
ESC8.jpg
ESC8.jpg (94.69 KiB) Viewed 3923 times
At least the pup had fun (he's 11):
ESC9.jpg
ESC9.jpg (51.8 KiB) Viewed 3923 times
ESC10.jpg
ESC10.jpg (79.35 KiB) Viewed 3908 times

To be continued...[/report]
By RFA
locogringo wrote:That's cool stuff. Dog in the chair shot is classic. Where did you score the Razorback coozie?
Little Rock Airport....gift shop. I am a coozie afficianado
By SLSS
My folks had us stylin all over the country in what my little brother dubbed Hell Bus- mostly a result of my dads dedication to his schedule, and the fact that there were so many of us in the smallest motor homes ever put up for rent. After he retired, the folks bought their own, larger version of same. My dad was always trying to talk me into borrowing for a family trip, which I always recognized as the opportunity for disaster it was. But one fateful day I accepted.

We went down to a park on one of the Fingerlakes. Got set up, leveled, and off to the lake to go fishing. The wind was blowing into our faces at about 674 mph, so we switched to skipping rocks. The sky turned green. Decided to head back up to start a fire, which was easy as it was really getting a lot of oxygen. With little effort I could have lit up the whole campground. We roasted hot dogs, did schmores, returned the campground neighbor's chairs that had blown into our space, several times. Then it got windy. And rainy. And lightening. I shoved the kids into the motorhome, and started putting all the shit away that goes in all those ridiculous bus-like cargo areas on the outside of the rig. Shit was blowing everywhere, camp chairs, umbrellas, toys,camping stuff, pets. I finally got everything stowed, went inside soaked to the skin. My now ex-wife said, I told you this was a bad idea.

Then the tree at the edge of our campsite, about a 40' maple, blew over and fell on the hell bus.

My brother was right.

RaFfa, I look forward to your reports. Your magnetic attraction to debacle exceeds even my own. :cool
By Woolybug25
It is very difficult to pronounce the title of this thread, but its awesomeness made up for it.

Your kids must have gotten their looks from their mother. :cool
By Gremlin
nice report....

I hope that wasn't your boys Toy Story chair, that would suck! To Infinity and Beyond!
By locogringo
RFA wrote:
locogringo wrote:That's cool stuff. Dog in the chair shot is classic. Where did you score the Razorback coozie?
Little Rock Airport....gift shop. I am a coozie afficianado
Cool. Don't see much Razorback gear outside the state.
By BearsFan
Great view to be sure. I cannot believe your kids are that big already.

More stabbin pics though....
By shunned
hell, I didn't even know you had kids.

stabbincabin hee hee... I traded my shagginwagon in for a fucktruck.

a cheerful 'fuck you' from everyone that was stuck behind you on the motorway.
:cool

ps. please don't take me there. I'm not sitting on the ground.
The return of Stolen Hours

#74 73 scattered clouds, Gas $4.45 I took a[…]

Friday Cheer Through Pics

Halibut on a fly. Fucking impressive. :cool

Mad Max -Redfish Road

Damn it Kevin. hehehe. Strong work, gents. […]

Ladder Lake

People watching at its finest. Good shit Joe. La[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine