This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By BearsFan
Did they really use the word fight? Let me guess, they hooked it at the dock and just waited for it to choke to death on the fly.

Should be interesting to read the action packed details of the epic battle. What else is there to do after winning the Gold Cup though. Way to go Thane, Texas represent!

I would like the sbs on that Olive Woolly Bugger thing, must be some new tarpon fly.
By BigTimber
Really? Hope they got a pizza delivered or some Dion's chicken. Is catching one tarpon on 4lb line really something you'd rather do than catch a dozen tarpon on 16lb?? Not me. Plus, I don't know if I could spend 18 hours straight on a skiff with LTD......jk.... :cool
By flatscaster
If you chase down a fish on the motor does it really matter what #test your tippet is? Isn't it really the boat that caught the fish at that point?
By Plow
Silly 18 hour stunt at the tarpons expense. Real shame to see what passes for sport.
By Adams
What a douchenozzle. For his next sporting endeavor, how about hunting cape buffalo with a .22? I'll donate a box of long rifles to the cause. . .
By get er done
I do not condone putting fish on the bank for own self gratifying chest beating..........but seriously how in the fuck could you even stay tight on a fish with 4lb test at night???? for that long???? that in itself is simply incredible.

Just think about how many fish die in Boca Grande every year......................can't really beat these guys up for the sacrifice of one when countless rednecks stay tight on a fish with sharks around.

I used to light tackle fish a lot back in the day and 4lb test is pretty tough to deal with, and on fly even worse. One patch of seaweed floats by at night into the line game over. Angler takes one second rest and the fish surges game over. Even having enough pressure to hook a fish that size and stay glued is crazy.

Again not my bag but this is really a freaking remarkably catch. Would love to here the details.
By BearsFan
It must be exhilarating to un-crank that drag all the way down to zero.
By Redchaser
BearsFan wrote:It must be exhilarating to un-crank that drag all the way down to zero.

He was fishing the new Spinal Tap edition that goes down to minus 1
Attachments:
reel.jpg
reel.jpg (12.86 KiB) Viewed 4863 times
By tailingpermit
get er done wrote:I do not condone putting fish on the bank for own self gratifying chest beating..........but seriously how in the fuck could you even stay tight on a fish with 4lb test at night???? for that long???? that in itself is simply incredible.
No idea how you find that incredible, it's not like tarpon sound. All they do when exhausted
is slowly swim on the surface while sucking air.

With the boat motoring next to the fish the pressure would be almost zero, must be
why it took 18 hours.
Just think about how many fish die in Boca Grande every year......................can't really beat these guys up for the sacrifice of one when countless rednecks stay tight on a fish with sharks around.
I would totally understand it if this involved a couple of mainland retards, but it's Dustin Huff.

WTF are people smoking that fish Islamorada? It's like one big fucking circle jerk up there,
I'd really love to see some statistics on tarpon tag usage throughout the Keys.
Again not my bag but this is really a freaking remarkably catch. Would love to here the details.
I can't wait to hear Dustin giving his E-Tec props for consistent coraling speed.

Just how stupid is Thane Morgan...

By get er done
BearsFan wrote:It must be exhilarating to un-crank that drag all the way down to zero.
shit that's funny
By BearsFan
I started thinking about the logistics behind this and how many support boats it took to keep all the predatory fish off of an 88lb sardine floundering around for that long. Then it hit me. Shit, 18 hours. I wonder how much that fish weighed before pinfish chewed all the fins off?

Getting ready for an epic redfish weekend, it will be worth missing school and work on Monday if I hook one after 10am on Sunday.
Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Opal Cormorant https://live.staticflickr.com[…]

whatcha tying?

FB917E50-ED40-4B9D-A745-E311F5950DB1.jpeg

Friday Cheer Through Pics

Damn. Welcome back

Rock curry

Beautiful. [/kisses fingers]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine