Originally posted by Ursus:n n Finally, when it comes right down to it, I have not seen one single shred of good evidence that would support we have a real immigration "crisis". n Ursus
Well maybe should should turn your eyes to the West. Denver Public Schools are in financial crisis right now. Our State budget is strained because we are having to support them. Hell why don't you look at the other issues. The fastest growing segment of our population is also the least educated. n Lets look at something that was posted in the LA Times:(sorry I don't have the link. trying to get it from sender)n 1. 40% of all workers in L.A. County (L.A. County has 10 million people) are working for cash and not paying taxes. This was because they are predominantly illegal immigrants, working without a green card.
2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.
3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens.
4. Over 2/3's of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal whose births were paid for by taxpayers.
5. Nearly 25% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally.
6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.
7. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely illegal aliens from south of the border.
8. Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.
9. 21 radio stations in L.A. are Spanish speaking.
10. In L.A.County 5.1 million people speak English. 3.9 million speak Spanish (10.2 million people in L.A.County).