This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Brookwookie
Originally posted by WT:n That's just it, we don't have an immigration crisis!
DING! WT GET COOKIE!Image

<small>[ May 18, 2006, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: Brookwookie ]</small>
By Spooled
Originally posted by Ursus:n n Finally, when it comes right down to it, I have not seen one single shred of good evidence that would support we have a real immigration "crisis". n Ursus
Well maybe should should turn your eyes to the West. Denver Public Schools are in financial crisis right now. Our State budget is strained because we are having to support them. Hell why don't you look at the other issues. The fastest growing segment of our population is also the least educated. n Lets look at something that was posted in the LA Times:(sorry I don't have the link. trying to get it from sender)n 1. 40% of all workers in L.A. County (L.A. County has 10 million people) are working for cash and not paying taxes. This was because they are predominantly illegal immigrants, working without a green card.
2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.
3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens.
4. Over 2/3's of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal whose births were paid for by taxpayers.
5. Nearly 25% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally.
6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.
7. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely illegal aliens from south of the border.
8. Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.
9. 21 radio stations in L.A. are Spanish speaking.
10. In L.A.County 5.1 million people speak English. 3.9 million speak Spanish (10.2 million people in L.A.County).
By creeklover
Originally posted by WT:n
Originally posted by creeklover:n Your solution? Waiting....
YOu can wait all you want there's no crisis.n WT
I don't have a problem with all the hermano's. A good friend that works for a major construction company estimates that 2/3 of their company's workforce comes from illegals. I have two other buddies that own local companies and employ mostly illegals. They are good people. They should pay taxes. They should go through the system legally. And yes, it's a crisis that's only going to get worse. I realize you don't live in a border state(WA-Seattle) or close by, but this situation isn't going away. We need them here, but our economy needs them to help with the tax burden.
By Brookwookie
Originally posted by Spooled:n Denver Public Schools are in financial crisis right now. Our State budget is strained because we are having to support them.
Whose isn't? I live in a border state, and my taxes keep going up, but I can't get the national guard up here to chase out the Quebecois. I think NY is still in the top ten for undocumented immigrant population.The immigration debate, such as it is, has been around longer than any of us. Rather than get serious about border security, they choose to make it about sneaky brown people. Does it bother you that an issue that you obviously care deeply about is just being used as a cynical election year ploy?You're not alone. The anti-gay marriage people are getting another bone thrown at them in a few weeks.
By Spooled
That's ok. I'm sure we will hear load about abortion, racism/affermative action, more social program promises, how the Government is the biggest problem with gas prices, how we need to further dumb down our education system so that everybody can be equal, division of ethnic, racial and demographic groups(divide and conquere), how we should feel sorry for everybody, we are a nation of immigrants and we should welcome their flooding of america with no regard for the law, Bush caused the huricanes, minorities can't be racists, we need to bring back the taxes,...got to get back to work.

<small>[ May 18, 2006, 01:37 PM: Message edited by: Spooled ]</small>
By FloridaFlyer
Originally posted by Spooled:n
Originally posted by Ursus:n n Finally, when it comes right down to it, I have not seen one single shred of good evidence that would support we have a real immigration "crisis". n Ursus
Well maybe should should turn your eyes to the West. Denver Public Schools are in financial crisis right now. Our State budget is strained because we are having to support them. Hell why don't you look at the other issues. The fastest growing segment of our population is also the least educated. n Lets look at something that was posted in the LA Times:(sorry I don't have the link. trying to get it from sender)n 1. 40% of all workers in L.A. County (L.A. County has 10 million people) are working for cash and not paying taxes. This was because they are predominantly illegal immigrants, working without a green card.
2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.
3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens.
4. Over 2/3's of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal whose births were paid for by taxpayers.
5. Nearly 25% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally.
6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.
7. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely illegal aliens from south of the border.
8. Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.
9. 21 radio stations in L.A. are Spanish speaking.
10. In L.A.County 5.1 million people speak English. 3.9 million speak Spanish (10.2 million people in L.A.County).
http://www.snopes.com/politics/immigration/taxes.aspMuch of the alleged and undocumented "statistics" come from one Heather Mac Donald. I found a whole shit load of her fair and balanced opinions. Here's one:http://www.rightwingnews.com/interviews/mac_donald.php

<small>[ May 18, 2006, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: Colin Rich ]</small>
By Stormcrow
Irish, Italians, Chinese, and now Mexicans. It seems our economy/our nation has been built on the backs of poor imigrants. YES! they should thay pay taxes. YES! they should come to America in a legal manner, but think about this. They work in Mexico for a week and make $10. In America, if they can work for $5 an hour, or $40 a day, or $200 a week. If the tables were turned, if you could go to China and work for a million dollars a year knowing that if they found you they only sent you home. Would you risk it? Sounds tempting, i could live a long time on a years worth of that salary.
By befuddled
I say we form a company, hire a bunch of cheap immigration labor, teach 'em to build drift boats and tie flies.n $200.00 drift boats ans $.01 flies. n we all benefit, and if they send our labor home, we'll close up shop and sell the rest of them for $8000 as the last stock of the great social experiment
Unlimited Almost a TR thread

I love to hate pontoons. Fucking Travis's dad, Big[…]

Mixed Bag - TR

He looks like a good boy. Beautiful country and bi[…]

Unlimited Bronze Backs

Girls got a few I am not too sure how I misse[…]

The return of Stolen Hours

#98 Gas $3.04 Partly cloudy, upper 70s The ri[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine